A Bug in L5 Hebrew Word Study?

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13
Daniel Brouwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:23 AM

Hi Martin,

I reindexed and have the very same problem. BTW I run Windows 7 64 bit. Again, I had no problems whatsoever with L4. One of the features I used most often is not working now.

Posts 7597
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:31 AM

Martin Grainger Dean:
Hi, Daniel. Did you still experience the same problem? I did reindexing, but still no luck. No translation, root and senses on my BSG Hebrew search. Also can't change the ESV to any other version. Can anyone provide more additional clues? Thanks, Martin.

Did you see my question above?

Posts 474
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:54 AM
Thanks, Mark. These are my answers: 1. How are you running the BWS? Right click from another resource (which one)? or typing the lemma in the reference box? Ans: Either right click on ESV or type lemma h: give same results... Same with let's say LHB. No entries for translation, root or senses. Although I have results for these in Greek searches. The problem seems to be related only to Hebrew searches. 2. What's your highest prioritized Bible that supports Hebrew morphology? Ans: ESV. If it is a BUG maybe someone from Logos will jump in and let us know if/when this will be fixed. Don't want to ruin my installation knowing it is a BUG by running additional steps. Martin.
Posts 7597
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:09 AM

Thanks Martin. I was particularly interested in this question:

Mark Barnes:

Can you check that you're not restricting the BWS to a certain part of the OT (it should say 'All Passages' or 'Entire Bible' or 'Old Testament' just above the lemma section).

Posts 474
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:11 AM
More details. If I run a Greek search, g:aggelos, I have results only for NT part (ESV translation ring, roots and senses). If I choose Old Testament I have no translation ring and no root (although I have senses). In Hebrew search all these are absent. Maybe a resource mapping problem? Martin.
Posts 7597
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:14 AM

Martin Grainger Dean:
More details. If I run a Greek search, g:aggelos, I have results only for NT part (ESV translation ring, roots and senses). If I choose Old Testament I have no translation ring and no root (although I have senses). In Hebrew search all these are absent. Maybe a resource mapping problem? Martin.

It still sounds like the BWS is being restricted to part of the NT....

Posts 474
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:14 AM
Mark Barnes:
Thanks Martin. I was particularly interested in this question:
Mark Barnes:
Can you check that you're not restricting the BWS to a certain part of the OT (it should say 'All Passages' or 'Entire Bible' or 'Old Testament' just above the lemma section).
Mark, I already posted a pic on first page of this thread. It say All passages. Martin.
Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:19 AM

I was able to help Daniel with this issue today. His ESV OT Reverse Interlinear was an old version from August. The rest of the data was current but the OT Rev Int hadn't updated for some reason.

Giving the Update Resources command did the trick.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 13
Daniel Brouwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:23 AM

I called Tech support and they put me through to Level 2. The tech person took over my computer, and found that I had an old version of the ESV on the Hebrew part, but it was the updated one for the Greek part. I thought I checked the version per Mark's instructions yesterday and it was correct, but apparently I didn't catch the fact it wasn't the same version. Anyway, that was the problem.

BTW, When the tech tried to update the ESV version, it would download to a certain point and then hang up. He did a bunch of stuff I didn't follow, and finally it did update and now everything works fine. He said he didn't know why it was sticking.

Posts 474
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:24 AM
So what do I miss? Here my support info for ESV: LLS:1.0.710 2012-11-01T16:52:55Z ESV.logos4 RVI:ESVNT 2012-10-11T20:40:31Z ESVNT.lbsrvi RVI:ESVOT 2012-11-01T00:05:22Z ESVOT.lbsrvi
Posts 13
Daniel Brouwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:24 AM

I have to say that Logos tech support is top notch!

Posts 13
Daniel Brouwer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:27 AM

Now I feel a little better. Looks like your ESV version is supposedly the right one. I was sure mine was too. Nonetheless, redownloading it solved my problem. Computers @#$%!!

Posts 7597
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:29 AM

Martin Grainger Dean:
So what do I miss? Here my support info for ESV: LLS:1.0.710 2012-11-01T16:52:55Z ESV.logos4 RVI:ESVNT 2012-10-11T20:40:31Z ESVNT.lbsrvi RVI:ESVOT 2012-11-01T00:05:22Z ESVOT.lbsrvi

I'd certainly try an update resources in the command bar. Even if your ESV is up to date, you might be missing a lemma mapping file.

Posts 474
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:46 AM
I tried this command yesterday and no updates were found. Well maybe I'll try it tomorrow too. Don't have internet access all the time. Until then what lemma should I look for in my resource folder to have? Martin.
Posts 7597
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:00 AM

I'm beginning to run out of ideas here, so it may be necessary to put it a call to support. But the files I'm thinking of should be in the following folder:

%localappdata%\Logos4\Data\{random}\ResourceManager\Resources\

They have the extension .lbslem

Posts 2498
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:41 PM

If you're doing a word specifically in Greek, wouldn't you get only NT hits? I don't think there be an OT ring or translation, and just because "senses" are found for for Hebrew doesn't mean a whole word ring would be created. When I do the BWS(and I have everything on the work machine) g:aggelos, I receive a word ring from the ESV NT, and Septuagint (one of our "feature distribution Data sets: http://www.logos.com/comparison). If you do a search for the English word "Angel" you should get a Hebrew and Greek word wheel. 

Posts 474
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:03 AM
Tommy Ball:
If you're doing a word specifically in Greek, wouldn't you get only NT hits?
Yes. I get hits in ESV translation and Septuagint translation. Actually all BWS is full (all features are full of information)!
Tommy Ball:
When I do the BWS(and I have everything on the work machine) g:aggelos, I receive a word ring from the ESV NT, and Septuagint (one of our "feature distribution Data sets: http://www.logos.com/comparison). If you do a search for the English word "Angel" you should get a Hebrew and Greek word wheel.
That's correct. So running a search in Greek (g:aggelos) ONLY in "Old Testament" part and having no ESV translation for this word and no root, is not considered a BUG? Martin.
Posts 474
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:07 AM
Mark Barnes:
I'd certainly try an update resources in the command bar. Even if your ESV is up to date, you might be missing a lemma mapping file.
Thanks, Mark. After trying several times and restarting computer several times I finally get the full BWS. Don't know why or how. :) Martin.
Posts 2498
LogosEmployee
Tommy Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:40 PM

Martin Grainger Dean:
That's correct. So running a search in Greek (g:aggelos) ONLY in "Old Testament" part and having no ESV translation for this word and no root, is not considered a BUG? Martin.

I don't think it is a bug that when searching for a Greek word in the Old Testament, the Root element is not populated. I do think it would be a bug (or just a problem with a particular install) if you ran the same search, but in Hebrew, and the Root element was not populated.  

Posts 474
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:25 PM
Tommy Ball:
I don't think it is a bug that when searching for a Greek word in the Old Testament, the Root element is not populated. I do think it would be a bug (or just a problem with a particular install) if you ran the same search, but in Hebrew, and the Root element was not populated.
Thanks, Tommy. Appreciate your good help. I have all the data above in their place so I assume it's not a bug some missing data. Thanks again, Martin.
Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS