Logos 5 Interlinear issue

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8
Doug Olson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:04 PM

Since updating to Logos 5. i cant change how my interlinear displays in my ESV. It will switch to inline but that is all. Also it does not display Louw Nida even though it is checked in my display options. Anyone else having this issue, also any ideas?

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 4:05 PM

Doug Olson:

Since updating to Logos 5. i cant change how my interlinear displays in my ESV. It will switch to inline but that is all. Also it does not display Louw Nida even though it is checked in my display options. Anyone else having this issue, also any ideas?

Louw Nida is only available in the New Testament. Perhaps you're currently in the OT?

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 3:47 AM

If they've removed that feature I'm not upgrading to L5!

Doug Olson:
i cant change how my interlinear displays in my ESV. It will switch to inline but that is all.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:04 AM

Unix:

If they've removed that feature I'm not upgrading to L5!

Doug Olson:
i cant change how my interlinear displays in my ESV. It will switch to inline but that is all.

For me this works just like it did in L4  All of the options display and you can have the interlinear in line or in a separate pane. LN numbers only display in the NT but that is to be expected.Wink

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:11 AM
Still working perfect for me.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:11 AM

Mike W: Good, so I can still get totally rid of Strong's?

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 13399
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:47 AM

Unix:

The only thing that's changed in interlinear display is the optional addition of the 'sense' line. All other functionality (including the ability to turn any individual line on or off) is identical to L4.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 6:03 AM

Mark Barnes:

Unix:

The only thing that's changed in interlinear display is the optional addition of the 'sense' line.

Root and Root transliterated were also added to the interlinear (currently only in the inline interlinear, not the ribbon interlinear).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3082
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 6:13 AM

It works fine as well for me.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:13 AM

Mark Barnes:

Unix:

The only thing that's changed in interlinear display is the optional addition of the 'sense' line. All other functionality (including the ability to turn any individual line on or off) is identical to L4.

On the ESV interlinear dropdown I don't see an option for a 'sense' line.  I do see the new root and root transliterated options and I can use the Sense lexicon from the Tools menu. Am I missing something?

Posts 2779
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:17 AM

Mike you may be missing the Bible Sense Lexicon. Did you upgrade to the L5 Gold package? That's the minimum upgrade that includes it until they release the crossgrade option.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 7:30 AM

Mike W:

Mark Barnes:

Unix:

On the ESV interlinear dropdown I don't see an option for a 'sense' line.  I do see the new root and root transliterated options and I can use the Sense lexicon from the Tools menu. Am I missing something?

Sense is only available on the ribbon interlinear at the bottom of the window.  It isn't in the inline interlinear.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1
Wichai tumtaweetikul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:49 PM

I have the same problem in Logos 5, the LN does not appear in the interlinear for New Testaments both NIV, ESV, etc.

Posts 9276
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:04 PM

Wichai tumtaweetikul:
I have the same problem in Logos 5, the LN does not appear in the interlinear for New Testaments both NIV, ESV, etc.

Have you done the following?

Right click on the list of line headings to the left of the display. You'll see a drop-down menu. Select Louw-Nida:

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:09 PM

Mark Smith:
Right click on the list of line headings to the left of the display. You'll see a drop-down menu. Select Louw-Nida:

Thanks, that works.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS