judgment

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1250
Divinesoteriology | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:09 PM

I was looking for judgments found the bible, I was surprised when I was given the list of scriptures. Why would the judgement on Egypt, or the Babylonian captivity show up?

Hoster of CHRISTIAN DEBATE FORUM: Apologetics, Theology Proper, Soteriology,  Eschatology

Posts 609
DBailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 7 2012 9:23 PM

Not sure why other verses are not included; however, try "Judgment of God" in Related Topics:

The Related Verses will then show additional verses:

Posts 15621
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 5:09 AM

I guess they neglected to include those. I have no idea where that list of verses comes from, probably either an internal database or topic tagging in Bibles which might be incomplete thus far.

Try a Topical Index such as New Nave's Topical Bible or some of these other resources:

Posts 224
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:41 PM

The "See Also" verses are references from dictionary content that we deemed overall (at the article level) to be relevant to this topic. We collect them, and rank them by frequency, but they're not curated. So being close to the front of the list means more articles thought this was a relevant verse (think of it as a voting scheme), and the farther down the list you go (depending on the topic) the more tangential the references might be. They sometimes reflect some writer's comparison, even a negative one ("<this topic> in <some verse> is different from <some other reference that will still show up in the list>").

Posts 224
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:22 PM

Oops, i'm wrong: they're currently converted to canonical order so we can merge overlapping ranges, which loses the frequency ordering. We're talking about alternatives that might preserve some of that frequency information.

Posts 1250
Divinesoteriology | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:20 PM

Are encyclopedia's included along with dictionary content, or is it just dictionaries?

Hoster of CHRISTIAN DEBATE FORUM: Apologetics, Theology Proper, Soteriology,  Eschatology

Posts 224
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 4:26 PM

Blair Laird:

Are encyclopedia's included along with dictionary content, or is it just dictionaries?

We're basically including "subject-oriented resources", which publishers might call dictionaries, encyclopedias, or something else altogether.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS