WBC seems to have a lot of typos

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 3:57 AM

The more I use the WBC the more typos I see. I report them but it would seen to me that this resource should be by now almost free of typos. Most of the set has been out for a while now.

The most recent one I found today is from 1 Peter 3:4:

note the “incorruptible” inheritance ot 1:4, the redemption

It should read “of” not “ot”. I’m finding multiple typos when reading almost any section. It also causes me concern with the original languages that are quoted because I know very little Greek and no Hebrew so I wonder at times when Greek words don’t look quite right if their typos.

Anyone else seem to find a lot of typos in the WBC set?

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:00 AM

Another issue I see is that it is still missing alot of tagging/linking of refrences.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 5:23 AM

The last updates of the Logos versions of WBC are 2006 for many, 2007 for some, none since Logos 4 came out - so it is way past due for an update. I believe they are all still the Libronix format (.lbxlls) also! Come on Logos, update please!

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 6:27 AM

Yes

Posts 1599
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 12:54 PM

Dominick Sela:

The last updates of the Logos versions of WBC are 2006 for many, 2007 for some, none since Logos 4 came out - so it is way past due for an update. I believe they are all still the Libronix format (.lbxlls) also! Come on Logos, update please!

Hmm - I have 3 logos4 files for wbc...  Vols. 20, 23a, and 52b - all with 2010 file dates.  Rest of them are Libronix with 2009 file dates.  Of course the internal build date may be older. 

I agree that it would be quite advantageous to have these resources more fully tagged - but this is admittedly quite a bit of work.

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 10:48 PM

I just happened to accidentally find the post below from April 28, and remembered this thread:

the WBC set will go into an update cycle very soon, since some of the volumes has lots of typos, and its one of our more popular sets.

Looks like it's in the works.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2014 12:40 PM

Just downloaded an update of all WBC volumes! Smile

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2014 1:58 PM

Thanks for your post!             Much appreciated indeed!          *smile*

Am now indexing                              AND             am grateful to Logos for updating my resources!               Peace to all!   *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 6412
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2014 5:34 PM

john nerdue:

Another issue I see is that it is still missing alot of tagging/linking of refrences.

And you are missing an "e" on the word "references." Stick out tongue Angel

Posts 8947
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2014 6:10 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
Much appreciated indeed!  

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2014 1:38 PM
H.-J.van der Wal:
Thanks for updates! But I haven't received updates files for WBC08 (vol. 8, Judges), WBC23A (vol. 23A, Ecclesiastes) and WBC52B (vol. 52B, Revelation 6–16). Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks, Martin.
Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2014 1:44 PM

Martin Grainger Dean:
H.-J.van der Wal:
Thanks for updates! But I haven't received updates files for WBC08 (vol. 8, Judges), WBC23A (vol. 23A, Ecclesiastes) and WBC52B (vol. 52B, Revelation 6–16). Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks, Martin.

Hi Martin,

Confirmed.  These volumes were not in the updated batch yesterday.

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Jannie van Niekerk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2014 1:53 PM

Alex Bui:
These volumes were not in the updated batch yesterday.

WBC08 was suppose to go out, I'll follow up on why not.

WBC23A and WBC52B will be released soon. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Posts 1257
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2014 1:56 PM

Jannie van Niekerk:

Alex Bui:
These volumes were not in the updated batch yesterday.

WBC08 was suppose to go out, I'll follow up on why not.

WBC23A and WBC52B will be released soon. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I did receive an update for volume 8 (Judges)!

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2014 1:58 PM

Checked.  For some reason, I do not own WBC08.   

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 22 2014 3:16 PM
Any idea if/when WBC52B will be updated?
Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 28 2014 12:45 PM
Ahem.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS