Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 117
Lionel B Dyck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2009 1:04 PM

Thanks. I told my bride about this as our library is under her account and she ordered it.

So far we've tried to install 6-9 times without success. The download of the update file completes and Libronix launches and then the list of updates - after that the Downloading starts - goes to 100% and then repeats and repeats and repeats.....

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2009 1:16 PM

Lionel B Dyck:
The download of the update file completes and Libronix launches and then the list of updates - after that the Downloading starts - goes to 100% and then repeats and repeats and repeats.....

Same here. My son had the same problem. To solve we

1. We ran the update, but unchecked the resource and just installed the licenses.
  2. Then pointed our browser to

ftp://ftp.logos.com/LbxBooks/

1. Search for "finalive and the Right click on the file and save the file to your computer. (In firefox it is "save link as")

Posts 3
Scott Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2009 1:21 PM

I experienced the same problem with the Libronix update file -- it kept downloading the "Finally Alive" file over and over again, but never finishing.

To solve the problem, I manually downloaded the "Finally Alive" file from the Logos website and saved it in my Resources folder. Then I again ran the Libronix update file. The license installed properly and everything worked fine.

Posts 3655
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 15 2009 7:09 PM

Thanks so much! Same problem, same fix!

Blessings,
Bill

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 401
Timothy Ha | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 10:36 AM

Thanks a lot for the book.

I have in PDF, but it's better to have books of John Piper gathered at one place. I already own his Logos books collection.

It would be nice to have the collection updated, since there are new books from John Piper, available for free on DesiringGod website, but not in Logos format yet.

JesusChrist.ru - Russian Christian Portal, with free Bible software; Timh.ru - blog

Posts 117
Lionel B Dyck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 12:12 PM

Thank you - that worked perfectly.

Posts 134
Esther Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2009 5:02 AM

Clinton Thomas:

Lionel B Dyck:
The download of the update file completes and Libronix launches and then the list of updates - after that the Downloading starts - goes to 100% and then repeats and repeats and repeats.....

Same here. My son had the same problem. To solve we

1. We ran the update, but unchecked the resource and just installed the licenses.
  2. Then pointed our browser to

ftp://ftp.logos.com/LbxBooks/

1. Search for "finalive and the Right click on the file and save the file to your computer. (In firefox it is "save link as")

This worked for me.

Esther

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2009 8:20 AM

ScottPhillips:
To solve the problem, I manually downloaded the "Finally Alive" file from the Logos website

This is easy to do than using the ftp site that I noted. Its web address is:

http://www.logos.com/ebooks/details/FINALIVE

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2009 8:21 AM

easier.... sorry.

Posts 3
Bradley Crowson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:20 PM

Man, am I glad to have found this.  I too, have trying to get the book to open.  About to rip my hair out.  Thanks for the info, just waiting for the update to complete....

Posts 3
Bradley Crowson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:31 PM

Just a side note:  When trying to open, I kept getting prompted to "set association".  This thing does not open in word or adobe.  Soooo, still killing time while the download completes....

Posts 3
Bradley Crowson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 11:35 PM

Wohoo.  After an hour and a half of download, slow connection, I finally get to open the new book......yes...........

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS