Biblical World Map

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:27 AM

One of my frequently used resources in Logos is the Biblical World Map.  I like to see where places are in relation to each other.  Though I use this resource frequently, it if often challenging to access it.  I have created a shortcut to it with the map centered on Jerusalem.  However, when I search for another city (Antioch for example) Bible Facts takes me away from the Biblical World map and to a list of everything related to Antioch.  This would not be so bad except that then I have to hover over every map mentioning Antioch until I get back to the Biblical World.  

Is there a way to prioritize this map to show up at the front of the ribbon of maps or is there a way to search this specific map?

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:45 AM

I'm not sure exactly which map you are trying to get to. is it this one? logosres:dxmapset;art=m1002

If you can find the map in the Bible Facts tool could you copy the url (CTRL+ALT+C) and paste it here?

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:49 AM

Never mind, I found it. Did you know when you have the correct map that you can press CTRL+F and it will highlight the location(s) on the map? That might be just what you are looking for.

logos4:Facts;id=@Gaza;map=BiblicalWorldRelief

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:49 AM

Ron Cook:
Is there a way to prioritize this map to show up at the front of the ribbon of maps or is there a way to search this specific map?

There's no way to do either, but maps are always shown in the following order:

• Logos Infographics -> Biblical World -> Maps from your resources
With a bit of practice you should be able to tell the difference between the Infographics and other maps using the thumbnails, and therefore get to the Biblical World map more quickly than your current method.

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 8:53 AM

Thanks.  That will accomplish what I want.  

Samsung Series 7; Windows 8 64 bit; Intel Core i7-3635QM @2.4GHz; 8 GB RAM; 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT640M

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:01 AM

Ron Cook:
is there a way to search this specific map?

Sorry, missed this part of your question. Yes there is. Find the map and copy the URL. Paste the URL into a note file. This link will always take you to the same location, same map. Once you get to the map click CTRL+F and type in the name of the destination you are trying to find. all the locations matching that name on the map will be highlighted. Does this help?

Posts 110
Ron Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:12 AM

Thanks, I was not aware of the CTRL+F.  That gives me what I need.  

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:16 AM

Ron Cook:

Ron, while other solutions will work, there are forward and back arrows in the upper right corner of the map field that would allow you to back-track to the Biblical world map (or scoot forward if need be.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 9:59 AM
Ron Cook:

Thanks, I was not aware of the CTRL+F.  That gives me what I need.  

Glad I could help.
Posts 167
Randall Lind | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 1:24 AM

Halo.

How do you find the Biblical World Map inside logos 5? I got it by clicking the 2nd link you posted but I would like to know how to open it inside Logos 5.

I just did the crossgrade for $160 and was unable to find it until I saw your link. I thought it was gone. :)

Posts 18670
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 1:33 AM

Randall Lind:
How do you find the Biblical World Map inside logos 5? I got it by clicking the 2nd link you posted but I would like to know how to open it inside Logos 5.

You can copy and paste this link into the Command bar in L5: logos4:Facts;map=BiblicalWorldRelief

Then when the menu drops down from there you'll see "Show Bible Facts" under Tools:

You can drag this to your Logos toolbar or a Favorites folder to make a shortcut so you can easily find that map again any time you want.

Posts 293
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:28 AM

I found this in the new Morris Proctor Logos 5 manual. First open the Biblical World Map Jerusalem from Bible facts, then drag  it to the favorites panel, from the favorites panel drag it to the shortcuts menu bar, that is a secret formula.  It will now stay on the menu bar as Biblical World Map Jerusalem.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS