New Doctor of Ministry Logos Package

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 8 2012 1:53 PM

I find it strange that people talk about "moving down" when they are actually not losing any resources, and in reality gaining some.  You still have the same package, no matter what they call it.  Is this just an ego thing?   

As my ole pappy used to say, "It doesn't matter what name is on an empty bottle.  It only matters what's inside."

The new packages are much improved in content, in my opinion.  But if you stay with what you got, you still have got what you got.  Add the new free engine in a few weeks, and you got more than what you got.  And didn't cost a dime. 

And folks are still mad at Logos?  If I wasn't a pastor, I wouldn't believe it! 

I suggest Logos come out with a new "Doctor of Ministry" package.  It would have no new resources, but you get a certificate calling your package "Doctor" and it sells for $10,000.  That ought to help the bottom line and appeal to a lot of preachers.

Okay, I repent for this post, Lord.  Have mercy on me.  I know exactly what I do.  As my little girl used to say when I corrected her:  Sorry!  Sorry!  Sorry!  Okay?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:04 PM

I was about to purchase the Doctor of Ministry package....until I saw the price tag.  Big Smile

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:24 PM

Lol..I actually laughed outloud :)

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:42 PM

Where is it advertised? I don't see it on the home page nor does it show up when I search for it!

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 2:56 PM

Dominick Sela:

Where is it advertised? I don't see it on the home page nor does it show up when I search for it!

The only place I can find it is here

Posts 645
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:03 PM

Michael Childs:

I find it strange that people talk about "moving down" when they are actually not losing any resources, and in reality gaining some.  You still have the same package, no matter what they call it.  Is this just an ego thing?   

As my ole pappy used to say, "It doesn't matter what name is on an empty bottle.  It only matters what's inside."

The new packages are much improved in content, in my opinion.  But if you stay with what you got, you still have got what you got.  Add the new free engine in a few weeks, and you got more than what you got.  And didn't cost a dime. 

And folks are still mad at Logos?  If I wasn't a pastor, I wouldn't believe it! 

I suggest Logos come out with a new "Doctor of Ministry" package.  It would have no new resources, but you get a certificate calling your package "Doctor" and it sells for $10,000.  That ought to help the bottom line and appeal to a lot of preachers.

Okay, I repent for this post, Lord.  Have mercy on me.  I know exactly what I do.  As my little girl used to say when I corrected her:  Sorry!  Sorry!  Sorry!  Okay?

I read your post to read about a supposed doctor of ministry package, not instead read comments that struck me as sanctimonious. 

Logos is a business, not a ministry. BUT likewise customers are customers (with all that entails), not parishioners. Want to preach, you have a pulpit--this isn't it. 

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 8 2012 4:30 PM

lol, that is so serious its funny too! Keep it coming! :) (unless its a stumbling block) love you brothers.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 2:50 AM

Mike Binks:
The only place I can find it is here

Mike, this link only comes back to this thread when I click it! Do you have another link to where it's located?

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:29 AM

lol :) God Bless You brother. May God increase you in all areas :)

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:31 AM

my stomach hurts, :)

Posts 1937
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:25 AM

Price tag looks too steep.  But if you put it in community pricing...

Posts 9966
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:30 AM

Mark:
Price tag looks too steep.

But then, it may be the only version fully upgradeable to a future "Doctor of Ministry and Divinity" package. And in the next upgrade it may have the possibility of printing your own, gold-framed ownership certificate on a color-printer. Think of the value of it behind your oak-desk.  

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:59 AM

Dean053:

I read your post to read about a supposed doctor of ministry package, not instead read comments that struck me as sanctimonious. 

Logos is a business, not a ministry. BUT likewise customers are customers (with all that entails), not parishioners. Want to preach, you have a pulpit--this isn't it. 

Dean,

I am sorry that my lame attempt at humor offended you.  And I am not kidding about that.

You are certainly not the first person that I have struck as sanctimonious.  Tis a charge that must have some truth in it.   Fortunately, God has blessed me with friends that tend to overlook that fault.

As for the charge of preaching, that too may be true, as it is a professional hazard.  But my goodness that post was far too brief to be confused for one of my sermons.  Ask my congregation.  

I was just trying to state my sanctimonious opinion regarding some of the reactions to the Logos 5 on the forums, and do so with a little humor.  I, too, regard Logos as a business, and myself as a customer.  I have no other relationship with them in any way.  Obviously, there are satisfied customers and some unsatisfied customers, and both are equally free to share their opinions on this forum.  I am not angry with people who disagree with me, but I am often amused.  (Comes from being sanctimonious, I suppose.)

I take heart that though you have seen through me, I still have my eight grandchildren fooled.  That is enough for me.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 762
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:58 AM

Michael Childs:

I am sorry that my lame attempt at humor offended you.

Oh I don't know, I thought it had some pretty good legs on it Yes

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 3:03 PM

Too funny!

They should call the crossgrade that in honor of this post :)

I did not take it as being sanctimonious, or preachy - just funny.

At the risk of sounding sanctimonious, I wonder if some peoples consciences have been pricked by your attempt at humor?

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 3:28 PM

I giggled and would it be a sin if I agreed with you? 

IMO, I think it's an ego thing and also entitlement. 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:23 PM

WARNING: The last few posts on this thread have shown up in my inbox, not with the thread title, but with a title that appears to be Patrick's e-mail address. The same when I write this reply: the top of the page says Reply to: Re: and then the e-mail.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS