Is there a "New to You" for Verbum Packages?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2328
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:21 AM

I am looking at the Verbum packages, but I don't see a "New to You" tab on the website.  I would like to know what resources I don't own in Verbum without searching for each one in my library.  But it looks like that is the only way.  I currently have Logos 4 Platinum with a number of individual purchases.

Posts 89
Harbey Santiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 5:59 AM

I had the same problem but contacted my trusty  (David Day) Logos sales rep and he was able to quote my prices in Verbum which take into account my present collection. I'm very close to pulling the trigger but I still need to find out if by purchasing a Verbum package I get Logos 5 or not.

"Viva Cristo Rey!!"

Deacon Harbey Santiago

Archdiocese of Baltimore

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:17 AM

Harbey Santiago:
I still need to find out if by purchasing a Verbum package I get Logos 5 or not.

The answer is yes. Verbum is L5 re-branded for the Catholic packages, a new logo, and slightly different settings. Since you probably started off with a regular L4 package you'll need to run the command "Set Verbum to Yes" after you upgrade and download L5. The main caveat is that L5 won't run on XP as it requires an new version of .NET which doesn't support XP.

Posts 9962
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:18 AM

Harbey Santiago:
I'm very close to pulling the trigger but I still need to find out if by purchasing a Verbum package I get Logos 5 or not.

Yes you do!

"Verbum" is just a colorful bran-name for catholic-oriented Logos products, and the Verbum packages are L5 throughout (you may switch between the "Logos"-look and the "Verbum"-look, if you like one better)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1783
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 6:31 AM

Harbey Santiago:
I'm very close to pulling the trigger but I still need to find out if by purchasing a Verbum package I get Logos 5 or not.

I bought the Verbum Basic Package for a very low price. 

I used the web page http://www.logos.com/catholic#compare and then clicked on "see your price". Big Smile

It gave me a very good discount taking into account all my previous purchases. Yes

You can then go to the web page  http://www.logos.com/upgrade  and you will be pleased what you see, I got a free crossgrade to one package and about 40 new books. Big Smile

I found that for me, the Verbum Packages had more new books of interest.

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 117
Dennis Parish | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 8:31 AM

Don't forget the 15% discount code  Logos5Verbum

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 8:39 AM

Dennis Parish:

Don't forget the 15% discount code  Logos5Verbum

For better than 15% extra discount (possibly 25%), call them and make the order over the phone.

Posts 4
Andrew Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 12:11 PM

We will hopefully be able to add the "New to You" functionality to the Verbum comparison chart in the near future. However, the dynamic upgrade calculator is identical to the main comparison chart. Your price, therefore, is taking into consideration everything you already own.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 9 2012 7:40 PM

Tom Rach:
You can then go to the web page  http://www.logos.com/upgrade  and you will be pleased what you see, I got a free crossgrade to one package and about 40 new books. Big Smile

Nice, didn't know about that one. Though if it's Starter I won't get anything like 40. I can only count to 24 now, and most of those will probably be in my new Catholic package as well.

Also, while you are at http://www.logos.com/upgrade, don't miss to click Customize to see the really good discounts on AYBD, SESB, Hermeneia and others. Probably the best I've seen.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS