I like Logos 5 But don't like reinstalling

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:01 AM

I have been having a problem with Logos 5 syncing on my desktop. one of the forum members has been trying to help but I haven't been able to fix the issue. Sooooo I decided to uninstall Logos 5 and then reinstall it. Well as most of you know it takes a long time to do this. And when I saw the picture below I knew I was in for a long day.Smile

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:02 AM

I hope it fixes my problem.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:08 AM

john nerdue:

I hope it fixes my problem.

I hope so too. For future reference you can use some of the steps here: to avoid most of the downloading http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 5:14 AM

Thanks i'll keep that in mind if I need to do this again (I hope I don't).

Posts 4688
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 10 2012 1:17 PM

Also re-installing rarely does better than simply down loading the same engine and letting overwrite the copy you have on the computer.

This leaves all the indexes etc intact.

If there are problems with the indexes etc then posting logs will usually allow the Developers to work out which individual file is the cause of your problems.

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 2:40 PM

Just to update: The reinstall worked. I no longer have that sync error.

Posts 25109
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 3:15 PM

john nerdue:
Sooooo I decided to uninstall Logos 5 and then reinstall it. Well as most of you know it takes a long time to do this. And when I saw the picture below I knew I was in for a long day.Smile

Sometimes a little patience is needed  i.e. there was a faster alternative to re-installing & a faster way to reinstall!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS