Black Friday Complaints

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2009 3:21 PM

What a frustrating start to Black Friday.

I just bought a new convertible with an automatic transmission.  Can anyone tell me how I can shift manually?  Where is the clutch? Why did Ford take it out and dumb down my driving experience?  

And why doesn't' the roof go down when I want it to go down?  I thought they said the car was an automatic.  Doesn't that mean it should do everything for me?  

Where is the roof button?  Is it hidden somewhere?  It is not where the button on my old convertable used to be at.  Why is that?  I think Ford is mean.

Why wasn't the gas tank full?  Do I actually have to go and fill it up myself and wait before I can drive it.  I paid good money and I still have to get gas on my own?

There is a users manual in the glove box, but I thought if I asked here first, someone might be able to tell me.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 3:42 PM

What a great response... When confronted by frustrated users who post intemperate threads, mock them... Do you feel better now?

Posts 109
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 4:15 PM

Out of the goodness of my heart, I'll give you $100 for that piece of junk.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 8:01 PM

Damian McGrath:
What a great response... When confronted by frustrated users who post intemperate threads, mock them... Do you feel better now?

Agree.  I guess the newness of everything is wearing off, and some are finding nothing better to do than to indulge the flesh.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 987
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 8:07 PM

I must have missed the manual in the glove box because last I checked it was $60 extra...

Posts 648
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 8:08 PM

If this has anything to do with my post, I think it was taken way out of context by some. I thought I was very clear that I was just poking fun at Team Logos to have some fun with them and hopefully bring a smile or laugh for them with the number of hours they've been putting in...

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 8:20 PM

Frank Sauer:
If this has anything to do with my post, I think it was taken way out of context by some. I thought I was very clear that I was just poking fun at Team Logos to have some fun with them and hopefully bring a smile or laugh for them with the number of hours they've been putting in...

No, I think this relates more to yet another sarcastic comment by those who have nothing better to do than stir up controversy and ill will.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 8:21 PM

Frank Sauer:

No, I think this relates more to yet another sarcastic comment by those who have nothing better to do than stir up controversy and ill will.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2009 10:54 PM

Alex, I bet you are the life of the party Mr. Grumpy.  I encourage you to work on getting a sense of humor. 

Frank, I never read your post and have no idea what it says so you can be at peace.

Larry & Tom, that was a funny response. Yes

Posts 10595
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 3:05 AM

Joe

I liked your post. Besides, you gave Alex another reason to be critical while complaining about critical people. Well done Geeked

Posts 320
John Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 5:12 AM

Damian McGrath:

This sort of reminds me of those who go around preaching "tolerance" for everyone, but as soon as they find someone who is intolerant of something, all that "tolerance" goes out the window.

perspectivelyspeaking.wordpress.com

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 5:32 AM

So if I'm reading you correctly John, I'm clearly a hypocrite. All I've done on these boards over the last couple of months is mouth pious platitudes and now my true colours are actually showing. Thank you.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 5:47 AM

Joe Miller:

What a frustrating start to Black Friday.

I just bought a new convertible with an automatic transmission.  Can anyone tell me how I can shift manually?  Where is the clutch? Why did Ford take it out and dumb down my driving experience?  

And why doesn't' the roof go down when I want it to go down?  I thought they said the car was an automatic.  Doesn't that mean it should do everything for me?  

Where is the roof button?  Is it hidden somewhere?  It is not where the button on my old convertable used to be at.  Why is that?  I think Ford is mean.

Why wasn't the gas tank full?  Do I actually have to go and fill it up myself and wait before I can drive it.  I paid good money and I still have to get gas on my own?

There is a users manual in the glove box, but I thought if I asked here first, someone might be able to tell me.

Joe,

as someone who's been frustrated with posts that sound exactly like that...(like a child wrote them instead of an adult), let me say...brother...I feel your pain, and I'm trying to be more gracious about it.

We all have had a long road to get here and (at least for me) I get tired of posts that use hyperbolic flame words and blanket statements instead of asking questions about how to get good answers to make an informed decision about the product; whether that be finding ways around features that are not there...or getting a refund if need be....

It seems that on a written forum such as we have here; (without the benefit of facial expressions and similar) is very easy for our words to be taken in a way that is more harsh than intended.... and we reply in ways that we'd never do face to face...

I myself, have a hard time with this kind of thing....it's my personality...something I have to deal with....and try to be much more graceful than I currently am...

May God help me slow to anger and long on patience.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 320
John Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 6:20 AM

Damian McGrath:

So if I'm reading you correctly John, I'm clearly a hypocrite. All I've done on these boards over the last couple of months is mouth pious platitudes and now my true colours are actually showing. Thank you.

I certainly don't think you're life is characterized by hypocrisy, if that's how you take my remark (and I apologize and retract it if that's how you take it). But I think all of us act hypocritically some of the time in some areas. Interestingly, there is a clipping on hypocrisy from HBD on the Logos homepage (plug). Anyway, I'm determined not to get into another one of these here, so you can see here for my explanation.

perspectivelyspeaking.wordpress.com

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 6:44 AM

<<Sigh...>>

Posts 2706
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 9:57 AM

<<Sigh...>> shaking my head in disbelief

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 7:27 PM

I regret that my little Thanksgiving parody turned into such a tussle.  Yes some of the real posts are annoying, but I honestly was hoping for a few more jokes and a laugh out of it all instead of turning it into a battle.  Sad

Posts 44
Ed Jent | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:14 PM

Joe I thought it was hilarious and can put myself on both sides of your little parody. 

“Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.”

Arnold Bennett 

Posts 5565
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:33 PM

Ed Jent:

Joe I thought it was hilarious and can put myself on both sides of your little parody. 

“Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.”

Arnold Bennett 

Here are two more:

Things change when the pain of change is less than the pain of things staying the same.

For an institution that is dedicated to deep, personal and radical change, the church sure has a hard time with change itself.

[don't know who to attribute those to.]

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2009 8:50 PM

Joe Miller:

I regret that my little Thanksgiving parody turned into such a tussle.  Yes some of the real posts are annoying, but I honestly was hoping for a few more jokes and a laugh out of it all instead of turning it into a battle.  Sad

Joe, I wish you Peace and Joy in the Lord always.

It's not Thanksgiving here in Canada.  We had that while you folks celebrated Columbus Day. 

However, I truly appreciated your humour and indeed thank you for your post.    You enriched my day.

Yours in Christ,

Mel

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS