Finally! My new video introducing all of the new features in Logos 5

Page 2 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 79 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 7:42 PM

Yes, Thanks Mark. 

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:11 PM

Wow, nothing in my Logos install looks or works like the one Mark is doing the demo with.

Feeling poorly now, darn again.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:31 PM

Mark Barnes:
It's finally here! This is the first detailed video looking at virtually all of the new features in Logos 5. It's lengthy — so set aside some time to watch it —

It is well worth the time to view.  Thanks Mark!  Great job, again.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 69
Sean Lillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:20 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Wow, nothing in my Logos install looks or works like the one Mark is doing the demo with.

Feeling poorly now, darn again.

I know how you feel.  I felt the same way when I watched Mark's videos on Logos 4.  It's as though he has totally different software!

Now I feel like that all over again!

I got a great little giggle watching you do the memorization demo, Mark...cuz I feel your pain!

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 9:36 PM

Mark,

+1 Yes Thanks for sharing the video. Really appreciate it Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 575
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:20 PM

Just finished watching. Thanks so much Mark!

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:39 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

If you've just upgraded to L5, you have to run the application, then let it download the tools and do its indexing before you get access to all the new L5 goodness.

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 10:40 PM

That was a fantastic overview, thank you! I was planning just to go with the free engine upgrade, but now I'm tempted to shell out for the minimal crossgrade or Silver upgrade, at least at some point.

Posts 44
Jo Decaesteker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:34 PM

Thank you, Mark Barnes, sir! Great stuff once again. Looking forward to more, you're a tremendous help.

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:39 PM

You've done a VERY great job. Thanks, Mark!

Posts 744
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:52 AM

Hi Mark,

I am trying to repeat what you did around minute 12 of your video with a Morph search. When I select "Highlight" in the right-click menu of the columns, it does not appear. When I select "Book", the column is added. However, it does not work for "Highlight". Do you have any idea why this might be the case?

Armin

Posts 1363
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 8:58 AM

Is there a HD download source for this? I have consistent problems with Vimeo, can't see the video.  [Edit: removed email]

Thanks!

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:21 AM

Ben:
Is there a HD download source for this? I have consistent problems with Vimeo, can't see the video. Or if a direct link is necessary, reverse this for my email address

The download is available from http://www.logosbiblesoftwaretraining.com/wp-content/uploads/introducing-logos-5.mov

You'll probably need QuickTime to play it.

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:22 AM

Armin:
I am trying to repeat what you did around minute 12 of your video with a Morph search. When I select "Highlight" in the right-click menu of the columns, it does not appear. When I select "Book", the column is added. However, it does not work for "Highlight". Do you have any idea why this might be the case?

I'm not sure, sorry. Are you PC or Mac?

Posts 1836
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:42 AM

Mark Barnes:

THANK YOU Mark. I have had some vimeo issues as well (running Win7 64 bit). I couldn't play the video on my iPad 2 and when I try to go back 30 seconds in the timeline (on my PC) to catch something that I missed, the stream seems to crash.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 155
Pedro | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:46 AM

Thank you Mark, very professionally done, clear delivery! Blessings.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:47 AM

David Thomas:
I couldn't play the video on my iPad 2

I could play the video on my iPad (3), but the video player would stop downloading the video if I closed the iPad cover (locking it), and it wouldn't restart.  I had to refresh the whole page to get the video download to work again.  I eventually watched the whole thing on the iPad, but I made sure I didn't lock it when pausing.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1836
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:56 AM

Todd Phillips:
I could play the video on my iPad (3), but the video player would stop downloading the video if I closed the iPad cover (locking it), and it wouldn't restart.  I had to refresh the whole page to get the video download to work again.  I eventually watched the whole thing on the iPad, but I made sure I didn't lock it when pausing.

good hint! perhaps I just wasn't patient enough to let it finish downloading.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 10:01 AM

Thank you Mark!

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 1835
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 10:29 AM

Thanks Mark, for your video.  It helps one to get acquainted with the new features in Logos 5.

Page 2 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS