Recognising previous Gold collection

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 23
John Retallick | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 12 2012 3:27 AM

Hi, I had the L4 Gold collection and bought the starter version for L5, thinking that was the way to upgrade the engine at minimum cost. Now, the web site doesn't seem to recognise the original Gold, just the L5 starter.

It also appears that upgrading to L5 Gold will only give a handfull of books but will cost over $400. I don't get it; shouldn't moving from Gold L4 to Gold L5 be a minimal cost?

Thanks,

John

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 3:43 AM

Do You want books that have been newly added or new Features and Datasets? I haven't looked at the difference in Gold, but there's lots of new books in most base-packages.

If You want all data-sets You can buy the Big Crossgrade which is coming within about a week. Alternatively the Minimal Crossgrade. Alternatively You can return Your L5 Starter base-package and get a refund to Your credit-card, and purchase what You desire, for example a higher base-package if You are interested in books that have been newly added.

When You look in the help-menu, About Your Logos software, it displays Starter as Your base-package. But none of the books and data-sets You had from L4 have been lost. Some data-sets have only been renamed from L4 to L5, such as People, Places ...

Look also at the relevant thread: Feature Distribution. And the posts: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58232/422993.aspx#422993

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 28560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:08 AM

John Retallick:
Hi, I had the L4 Gold collection and bought the starter version for L5, thinking that was the way to upgrade the engine at minimum cost. Now, the web site doesn't seem to recognise the original Gold, just the L5 starter.

Did you use the same username & password associated with your L4 collection?

John Retallick:
It also appears that upgrading to L5 Gold will only give a handfull of books but will cost over $400. I don't get it; shouldn't moving from Gold L4 to Gold L5 be a minimal cost?

I don't know the details of what you owned, the old packages & new packages… the price should be based upon what NEW resources you are acquiring. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25864
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 1:48 PM

John Retallick:
I don't get it; shouldn't moving from Gold L4 to Gold L5 be a minimal cost?

Forget the similarity of package names and look only at resources and features you want. Logos basically did a makeover of its packages rather than provide another incremental improvement to its existing packages.

John Retallick:
I had the L4 Gold collection and bought the starter version for L5, thinking that was the way to upgrade the engine at minimum cost. Now, the web site doesn't seem to recognise the original Gold, just the L5 starter.

Your new base is L5 Starter and upgrading from there attracts a lower discount than upgrading from your old L4 package. Just remember that you retain all your resources from L4 Gold, whether or not they were included in the new packages.

If you want more Features then wait for the Minimal Crossgrade collection to be announced.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS