Community Pricing Closing Friday (Colenso Collection)

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 12:31 PM

Ken Baker:
I am in at 30

You need to be VERY quick and up your bid to $35 to get in... Smile

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 3:39 PM

This is strange. It's 3:40 pm PST and this hasn't closed as of yet! However ir does show $30

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 3:59 PM

Sleiman:

This is strange. It's 3:40 pm PST and this hasn't closed as of yet! However ir does show $30

Everyone is at the Mall !Wink

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 4:02 PM

Evan Boardman:
Everyone is at the Mall !Wink

Who are they mauling?  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 4:37 PM

Given the price wanderings last week lets hope it stays at $30 long enough to close !!

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 5:45 PM

David J. Wilson:

Given the price wanderings last week lets hope it stays at $30 long enough to close !!

It was supposed to have closed almost six hours ago.

Posts 9019
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:20 PM

Wow, that's strange. Maybe it is part of Black Friday. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 31
Mitchell Borrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 8:58 PM

I dont fully understand how community pricing works. I have bid on a few things now but thats as far as i have gotten. How do i get those resources in to my library?

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 23 2012 10:02 PM

Mitchell Borrows:

I dont fully understand how community pricing works. I have bid on a few things now but thats as far as i have gotten. How do i get those resources in to my library?

A closing date is set for a community pricing item when the Logos community has placed enough bids to cover 100 % of the estimated production cost.  If more bids are placed so a lower price point covers 100 % of estimated production cost, then the price reduces for all bidders.  When the bidding closes, pre-orders are created for those users who placed a bid equal to OR higher than the closing price.

One strategy for community bidding is placing a bid for the maximum willing to pay for the resource.  If the closing amount is less than OR equal to your maximum bid amount, a pre-order for the closing amount is created.

When a community pricing item closes, the resource becomes a pre-publication with a higher pre-publication price and Logos digitizes resource with a high rate of accuracy.  The pre-publication is also available for pre-ordering.  If a pre-order is cancelled, then choose to pre-order later, the pre-publication price becomes the pre-order price.  The increase from community pricing close to pre-publicataion ranges from a few dollars to several times the closing amount.

When the pre-publication is ready to ship, an email is sent to those who have pre-ordered the resource. The email informs that Logos plans to charge credit card when the pre-publication resource ships, typically within a couple weeks of the email.  Optionally can cancel pre-order and not have credit card charged.

After a pre-publication ships, have option for a refund within 30 days.

The lag time from community pricing close to resource shipping ranges from a few weeks to many months.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 31
Mitchell Borrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:41 AM

Thank you!! 

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS