Duplicate Resources?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:52 PM

In my library there are two different versions both with the title BHS SESB 2.0:

1. LLS:1.0.204, 2009-03-12T22:17:45Z, BHSSESB.lbxlls
  2. LLS:BHSSESB2, 2006-12-16T00:22:51Z, BHSSESB2.lbxlls

There is a similar situation with some clausal outlines. There are:

1. The Lexham Clausal Outlines of the Greek New Testament
  2. The Lexham Clausal Outlines of the Greek New Testament: SBL Edition
  3. The Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament
  4. The Lexham Syntactic Greek New Testament: SBL Edition

Does anyone of you know the difference between the versions? Should I put some of those into the hidden resources section?

Thanks for any help!

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 4:42 AM

I was wondering about this as well?

Posts 2201
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 5:36 AM

I do not own the SESB set so cannot comment on those files. Lexham (Logos publishing company) created a Greek New Testament using the subtitle SBL. Logos has since developed analytical graphs, interlinears etc based upon there version of the Greek NT. The Greek text was free and came with an apparatus. If you are interested in the differences between the SBL and NA27, you can set up a text comparison pane to do so.

The development of the this text allows Logos to tag and develop features around the Greek text without the limitations of copyright and publisher permissions. The new Clause search uses Lexham Greek and Hebrew texts.

So to answer your question on the visual graph files, they each based on a different underlying Greek NT.

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 6:11 AM

Actually upon closer inspection there are several Lexham Resources that by title appear the same except each has an SBL: edition. I wonder what the difference is between them?

Posts 24955
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 1:39 PM

Given that the SBL is Logos' own "critical" text of the NT, you need to read the Preface to understand the Lexham editions  e.g. Lexham Greek-English Interlinear NT is an Interlinear of the "latest" critical text (NA27/UBS4) with context sensitive glosses from BDAG and context sensitive Louw-Nida numbers.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 12 2013 8:33 PM

Dave Hooton:
Given that the SBL is Logos' own "critical" text of the NT,

And I thought SBL stood for Society of Biblical Literature.

I should pay more attention.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 13 2013 2:51 PM

Doc B:

And I thought SBL stood for Society of Biblical Literature.

I should pay more attention.

Peace, Doc!                             *smile*                  One should na' be doubtin` oneself !!!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS