I could just cry

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 58
Gloria | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:42 PM

Let's just say  I wanted to upgrade to Logos 5 and money was no object.  I have no idea what the upgrades mean.  When I hit "compare" I don't understand what it's saying.  What is "new" "new to you"...  I have spent hours reading people's posts on the forum, and I see contradictions and read that more people don't understand themselves.

If I spent as much time the past few weeks reading God's word as I did reading the posts on this forum trying to figure out what the upgrade is about, I wouldn't need Logos help anymore. 

It's not a good day for a company when people are upset because of price and/or are upset because people they are confused.

Yikes!!!!

Gloria

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 4:54 PM

Peace to you, Gloria!                         Very unfortunate indeed!         I agree with you!    Your post reminds me to (after I post this back to you) spend a brief time in prayer to God the Holy Spirit asking Him in Jesus' Name to increase wisdom and understanding in my own mind and heart and strengthening me to inspire and encourage others to open their minds to the Spirit's way of relating to others, regarding others as Sisters and Brothers!  I despise it when Satan is having a "heyday" which seems to happen now and again on these forums. 

Please say a prayer or two with me, Gloria!  Perhaps others will join in!                     *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 5:03 PM

Blessings, Gloria!                 I praise God he has given you such a tender and loving heart!

Just a note here ...     St. Paul the Apostle, St. Augustine, Martin Luther, Karl Barth and other point out the ugly dangers of being turned in on oneself.

Even wikipedia says it straight out, eh?     *smile*

Incurvatus in se

"Latin: Incurvatus in se" (Turned/curved inward on oneself) is a theological phrase describing a life lived "inward" for self rather than "outward" for God and others.

Paul the Apostle wrote of this condition in the Epistle to the Romans 7:15, 7:8-19:

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. [...] For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

It was perhaps Augustine of Hippo who first coined the phrase incurvatus in se.[1] Martin Luther expounded on this in his Lectures on Romans and described this state as:

Our nature, by the corruption of the first sin, [being] so deeply curved in on itself that it not only bends the best gifts of God towards itself and enjoys them (as is plain in the works-righteous and hypocrites), or rather even uses God himself in order to attain these gifts, but it also fails to realize that it so wickedly, curvedly, and viciously seeks all things, even God, for its own sake."[2]

This was later extended by Karl Barth to include other sins beyond pride.[1] It is also believed that, even though people are justified by Jesus dying on the Cross, they still possess a propensity to sin against God because of this condition (i.e. simul justus et peccator).

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 11
Kathi M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 5:14 PM

When you click on the NEW TO YOU button, it shows you what will be added to your already existing library.  I thought the feature was great in that it showed me exactly what would be added with each of the different packages.  Once I had a pretty good idea which package I wanted, I then shot an email to Andrew Valle in the sales department.  He has been a genuine help and blessing in answering questions and helping me upgrade.  I would suggest either sending an email with your questions or just picking up the phone and calling Logos.  They have always been kind and efficient when I call or write.  Bless Andrew's heart, he came up with so many different scenarios for me until I made up my mind which way to go.

I hope this helps.

Posts 27961
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 12 2012 6:29 PM

Gloria:
I have no idea what the upgrades mean.

Logos needs to update their base packages from time to time. New ones are out. Since you already own some of the resources in the new base packages, you will get a discount (aka an "upgrade"). The name of any packages you have purchased previously is irrelevant. For example: I previously purchased an L4 "Platinum" base package. I am looking to "upgrade" to an L5 "Gold" package. It is an "upgrade" because there are new resources which I did not own previously. The fact that my other purchase was "platinum" is irrelevant to my current purchase, and all of my previous resources will remain after I purchase the new package.

Gloria:
What is "new"

"New" means "new to the base package." This is meaningless information for many people… but there are some people who are very curious about "what's new."

Gloria:
"new to you"

"New to you" is the important part. It means you don't own the resource. There is one exception to this definition… if the resource is part of a collection (i.e. a set of commentaries), it may be that there is a new volume in that set which you don't own. This is the expected behavior. According to Logos, the "calculator" knows which resources you own and takes that into consideration in your customized price. The reason it still shows up as "new" is just to draw your attention to an added resource. It would have been great if a different symbol could have been used to identify new resources to previously owned collections.

Gloria:
If I spent as much time the past few weeks reading God's word as I did reading the posts on this forum trying to figure out what the upgrade is about, I wouldn't need Logos help anymore.

You could always try calling Logos. Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS