Unannounced Price Change

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:02 PM

Alan Bester:

Mark Smith:
Once you upgrade the percentage you can receive from future upgrades decreases. I don't recall the details but recall that fact.

The upgrade calculator definitively seems to be broken. It now correctly says that "You own Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade" but it no longer seems to take into account my previously owned packages. As a result the upgrades to Bronze and above are significantly higher than they were before the Crossgrade purchase.

Alan, there are no known issues with the upgrade calculator. Everything should be working properly. If you just purchased MC, your upgrade prices should definitely be lower. Can you please provide more details about the prices you were seeing before and are seeing now? Thanks.

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:08 PM

Bill Moore:
but usually companies give you a date when the "early-bird" price of something is going to change.

We had a mistake in the web site that was calculating prices incorrectly (always in the user's favor). These small changes ($17 is the largest I've seen, on $484) reflect what is the correct dynamic pricing. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:10 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Bill Moore:
but usually companies give you a date when the "early-bird" price of something is going to change.

We had a mistake in the web site that was calculating prices incorrectly (always in the user's favor). These small changes ($17 is the largest I've seen, on $484) reflect what is the correct dynamic pricing. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks, Bob. I really appreciate the explanation.

I was just looking at the Platinum package again and noticed (was it already there?) that hovering over a particular item informs me how many, if any, of a particular resource I already own. This is very helpful.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:12 PM

Bill Moore:
I was just looking at the Platinum package again and noticed (was it already there?) that hovering over a particular item informs me how many, if any, of a particular resource I already own. This is very helpful.

We just added the partial ownership indicator this afternoon. I'm glad it's helpful.

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:15 PM

Bill Moore:
usually companies give you a date when the "early-bird" price of something is going to change.

We will, by the way, give advanced notice before the end of the promotional launch period.

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:31 PM

Phil Gons:

Bill Moore:
usually companies give you a date when the "early-bird" price of something is going to change.

We will, by the way, give advanced notice before the end of the promotional launch period.

thanks; I will probably wait until 2013 to upgrade--hopefully the price doesn't rise again between now and then

Posts 9100
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 8:34 PM

Ward Walker:
I will probably wait until 2013 to upgrade--hopefully the price doesn't rise again between now and then

I suspect quite a few folks would like to see the current incentives extend through January of next year. It would probably give Logos some better first quarter results, too, as some may have to put off upgrading if the incentives disappear by December 31. Just guessing on that though. Hope it is there for you and others who just can't do it now.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:36 PM

Alan Bester:
The upgrade calculator definitively seems to be broken. It now correctly says that "You own Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade" but it no longer seems to take into account my previously owned packages. As a result the upgrades to Bronze and above are significantly higher than they were before the Crossgrade purchase.

Alan, I think I know what's going on. We have a different set of discounts for moving from L4 (or earlier) to L5. The discounts for moving from one L5 package to another are lower. This was necessary to avoid a situation where it was actually cheaper to do in two steps what could have been done in one step. It looks like CD and MC are getting treated as Logos 5 base packages, which means you no longer qualify for the L4 to L5 promotional discounts. You're definitely getting your full ownership credit for your base package, all of your other purchases, and your new MC purchase. It's the change in promotional discounts that is making the difference. We're going to discuss this tomorrow morning and decide whether to treat a CD and MC owner the same way as we treat a Logos 5 base package owner.

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 15 2012 10:01 PM

Bob,

My price for an upgrade from Scholar's Platinum went up by $21 from this afternoon (I've got the screenshot) till tonight, which is an increase of over 8% ($255 to $276) and it was even in my cart and still increased. I held off purchasing at the college because of our limited bandwidth and how long it would be downloading there and the impact of that on the rest of the staff and students. Feels a little unfair that this was done without warning. I'll have to cancel another pre-pub to stay within my budget/book allowance for this year.

Just sounding off, I guess.

Chris

Posts 4686
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:39 AM

Hi Chris

Humans can be more understanding than computers - why not ring in and explain your situation. There may be some wriggle room.

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:36 AM

Phil Gons:

Alan, I think I know what's going on. We have a different set of discounts for moving from L4 (or earlier) to L5. The discounts for moving from one L5 package to another are lower. This was necessary to avoid a situation where it was actually cheaper to do in two steps what could have been done in one step. It looks like CD and MC are getting treated as Logos 5 base packages, which means you no longer qualify for the L4 to L5 promotional discounts. You're definitely getting your full ownership credit for your base package, all of your other purchases, and your new MC purchase. It's the change in promotional discounts that is making the difference. We're going to discuss this tomorrow morning and decide whether to treat a CD and MC owner the same way as we treat a Logos 5 base package owner.

Thanks Phil for the reply..

By way of example of what is happening:

Yesterday I was able to purchase Gold for about $800 (I can't remember the exact figure so rounding it off)

After the Minimal Crossgrade purchase of $159 the cost for Gold is now $1079

I would expect the Gold to now cost $640 (The original $800 less the $159)

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:18 AM

Phil Gons:

Bill Moore:

Thanks, Phil. The price adjusting thing, which I understand, surprised me and I was concerned that the discounts would disappear before I decided which direction to go..

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:24 AM

Phil Gons:

Bill Moore:

Thanks. That's good to know.

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:33 AM

Just to add to the discussion--Logos is always quite fair about setting straight such issues. I cannot think of a company that I trust more. Stuff happens, but there is nothing nefarious about it.

Posts 30
Todd Hinton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:55 PM

Wrong!  It is more than that for me.  All these price increases, new features of the discount cculator, and confusion are really more that I can handle,  I expect more from Logos.  I am very disappointed and hate to see this kind of marketing magic.

Todd

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:59 PM

Todd Hinton:

Wrong!  It is more than that for me.  All these price increases, new features of the discount cculator, and confusion are really more that I can handle,  I expect more from Logos.  I am very disappointed and hate to see this kind of marketing magic.

Todd

Have you talked with a sales rep, Todd? That's what I mean by their being quite fair and making things right. I've never been disappointed with such correspondence or phone conversation.

Posts 30
Todd Hinton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:10 PM

Not yet.  I am sure you are correct but I am sort of afraid to do so.  Why isn't the bottom line price what I find on the Logos upgrade page after all the improvments to the discount calculator? 

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:15 PM

That is the bottom line price, but if there was a problem with the calculator, Logos will straighten it out. Someone saw what my problem was and contacted me. It wasn't but a few dollars, but I appreciate their initiative.

Don't think twice about contacting them. At the very least, you will probably gain more clarity into what is going on.

Posts 10592
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:35 PM

Todd Hinton:
Why isn't the bottom line price what I find on the Logos upgrade page after all the improvments to the discount calculator? 

No one has yet designed a computer—on a web page—that can replace the thought processes of a real human being Geeked 

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:41 PM

I want to update with respect to this issue. This afternoon I received a personal email from Santiago Galeano, Logos' Director of Sales, to let me know he'd seen my post and wanted to let me have the upgrade at the lower price, but had seen that I had already purchased the upgrade so wanted to give me a credit towards my next purchase. 

I am very impressed with the core value of customer service he shows is well entrenched in Logos. I'd already bought. I didn't ask for compensation. He is very busy, I'm sure, but took time to notice my post, check my account and write me an email to make sure I am well cared for.

That's way beyond anything I've ever experienced and just makes me glad to do business with Logos. They aren't perfect, but they are willing to go the extra mile/kilometer to be more than fair.

Thanks to all the hard working folk at Logos.

Chris

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS