Unannounced Price Change

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 51 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:46 PM

Chris Elford:

I want to update with respect to this issue. This afternoon I received a personal email from Santiago Galeano, Logos' Director of Sales, to let me know he'd seen my post and wanted to let me have the upgrade at the lower price, but had seen that I had already purchased the upgrade so wanted to give me a credit towards my next purchase. 

I am very impressed with the core value of customer service he shows is well entrenched in Logos. I'd already bought. I didn't ask for compensation. He is very busy, I'm sure, but took time to notice my post, check my account and write me an email to make sure I am well cared for.

That's way beyond anything I've ever experienced and just makes me glad to do business with Logos. They aren't perfect, but they are willing to go the extra mile/kilometer to be more than fair.

Thanks to all the hard working folk at Logos.

Chris

Yes--that's the type of service I was talking about. Besides a great product, Logos is great customer service.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 63
Benjamin Ho | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:57 PM

I thought I would wait to see the price for MC before deciding about upgrading to L5 Platinum. Unfortunately, I wasn't as diligent to take a screenshot. There was no indication in the Forum posts that there would be a price adjustment when MC is released. It's not a big sum but it would certainly have been nice to have some forewarning.

Posts 10109
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:10 AM

Chris Elford:

I want to update with respect to this issue. This afternoon I received a personal email from Santiago Galeano, Logos' Director of Sales, to let me know he'd seen my post and wanted to let me have the upgrade at the lower price, but had seen that I had already purchased the upgrade so wanted to give me a credit towards my next purchase. 

I am very impressed with the core value of customer service he shows is well entrenched in Logos. I'd already bought. I didn't ask for compensation. He is very busy, I'm sure, but took time to notice my post, check my account and write me an email to make sure I am well cared for.

That's way beyond anything I've ever experienced and just makes me glad to do business with Logos. They aren't perfect, but they are willing to go the extra mile/kilometer to be more than fair.

Thanks Chris for sharing this!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 58
Dave M | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 4:50 AM

This is not a hardcore criticism but, as I stated on another thread, all of this back-and-forth about pricing and discounts and rollouts has created a consumer nightmare for Logos. It is almost impossible to sort through the weeds to determine what is going on.

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 5:49 AM

Dave M:

This is not a hardcore criticism but, as I stated on another thread, all of this back-and-forth about pricing and discounts and rollouts has created a consumer nightmare for Logos. It is almost impossible to sort through the weeds to determine what is going on.

I agree with this. Too many clarifications were needed after the event, and too much information was given on the forum instead of on the product pages. In fairness, Bob has apologised for this, but it's the one thing that Logos keep getting wrong, in my opinion.

Posts 10584
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 6:50 AM

Mark Barnes:
Too many clarifications were needed after the event, and too much information was given on the forum instead of on the product pages. In fairness, Bob has apologised for this, but it's the one thing that Logos keep getting wrong, in my opinion.

Communication skills does not seem to be a strong point with Logos marketing 

Posts 30
Todd Hinton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:30 PM

Well stated

Posts 343

Chris Elford:

I didn't get quite as lucky. I was gone at a Men's Retreat for a few days, planning on upgrading to Logos 5 Platinum when I got back today, and then found out the price increased by $24. I called Logos thinking they would adjust it for me...but nope, said the current price is the lowest price they'll make available to me now. Sure took out my enthusiasm in getting it now. And am considering getting the Silver instead of the Platinum. Will contemplate for awhile.

Jason Saling

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 1:58 AM

I upgraded from Platinum to Portfolio a couple of weeks ago, and the discount was 30%. 

Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:12 AM

Ward Walker:

Phil Gons:

Bill Moore:
usually companies give you a date when the "early-bird" price of something is going to change.

We will, by the way, give advanced notice before the end of the promotional launch period.

thanks; I will probably wait until 2013 to upgrade--hopefully the price doesn't rise again between now and then

OK, I caved and went with a payment plan.  Perhaps not the smartest move with USG Sequestration looming at EOY, but if I get laid off, at least I'll have lots of reading/studying time... Wink  Still wish the 30% discount window had still been open though.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 11:04 AM

Hi Phil,

I wonder if you have any further updates regarding this stemming from your discussion.

In Christ,

Geo

Posts 1837
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 9:33 AM

Geo Philips:

Hi Phil,

I wonder if you have any further updates regarding this stemming from your discussion.

In Christ,

Geo

Yes, we've got a change queued up that will treat Logos 5 CD and MC owners as still qualifying for the L4 to L5 upgrade discounts. It's behind a few other things, but I think we should see this rolled out in the next couple of weeks.

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS