Passage Guide default

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:42 PM

I have a quick question, I was watching preparing a sermon video (the first video) by Mark Barnes and he was able to make his custom Passage Guide be the default guide and it  showed  up when he typed in a passage from the passage and topic section from the home screen.  How do I make my custom passage guide I created become the default PG when I type in a passage from the home screen? I have L5... Thanks...

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:52 PM

Simply create a custom Passage Guide and name it "My Passage Guide." It will then become the default guide.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:53 PM

You must name your custom guide MY Passage Guide

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:58 PM
Thanks Halo and Fredc. You two are great!
Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:24 PM
Heres the problem, Its not working... I created a new PG (from make a new guide template) and I labeled it My Passage Guide. I then restarted Logos 5 and typed in a scripture and the old default PG showed up not the one I created. What am I doing wrong???
Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:33 PM

Jerry Walker:
Heres the problem, Its not working... I created a new PG (from make a new guide template) and I labeled it My Passage Guide. I then restarted Logos 5 and typed in a scripture and the old default PG showed up not the one I created. What am I doing wrong???

Make sure there aren't any extra spaces in the the "My Passage Guide" name.  I created one with a space at the end, and Logos ignored it.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 1:36 PM

Todd Phillips:
Make sure there aren't any extra spaces in the the "My Passage Guide" name
YesSame here, but my extra space was between 'my' and 'passage'.

Posts 287
Jerry Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:07 PM

Todd Phillips:

Jerry Walker:

Make sure there aren't any extra spaces in the the "My Passage Guide" name.  I created one with a space at the end, and Logos ignored it.

Thanks it seems to work. I was trying to do a custom guide and I think the problem was I was trying to use from the template type "sermon theme" and I don't think Logos recognizes it as a default at least as I can tell...

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:15 PM

Jerry Walker:

Todd Phillips:

Jerry Walker:

Thanks it seems to work. I was trying to do a custom guide and I think the problem was I was trying to use from the template type "sermon theme" and I don't think Logos recognizes it as a default at least as I can tell...

Glad you got it worked out

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS