Minimum crossgrade makes other packages less attractive

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1446
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:34 AM

I decided to post this issue on the new thread. I really do not see any point in the future to upgrade into a different package. Totally discouraged. The calculator supposedly should discount based on the resources I own. After minimum crossgrade, the upgrade prices went even higher. 

Before Min Crossgrade:

Silver - $170

Gold - $315

After Min Crossgrade: 

Silver - $147

Gold - $360

If I would decide to upgrade in the future the total upgrade would be :

Silver - $282

Gold - $495

Comparing to the first price of upgrade - DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE

Just my suggestion, Logos with this approach, I am loosing all desire to look at your upgrades. I hate when I am forced to upgrade from the short period of time from L4-L5 (especially before thanksgiving and Christmas). Logos PLEASE CHANGE YOUR APPROACH. Thank you!!!

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:51 AM

After purchasing a Minimal crossgrade, Logos 4 to Logos 5 launch promotion additional discounts are not available; on 15 Nov, Phil Gons replied => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59767/425597.aspx#425597

Observation: my order history includes 7 Logos upgrades; would have been less expensive if had done fewer upgrades.

Suggest calling Logos; wonder if "returning" minimal crossgrade would allow discounted launch promotion purchase of a larger package ? (e.g. Silver or Gold)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1446
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:53 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Suggest calling Logos; wonder if "returning" minimal crossgrade would allow discounted launch promotion purchase of a larger package ? (e.g. Silver or Gold)

Keep Smiling Smile

Thats the point, that I do not want to upgrade now before two major Holidays. But for the future, there is no more point to upgrade. I wish Logos would have a legit calculator, which would subtract my previous purchases. 

From the positive side, the packages became less attractive, and I do not have to spend $$$

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 17 2012 2:22 PM

Incrementally upgrading a Logos library of resources costs more than purchasing larger bundles.

A logos employee reply includes dynamic upgrade pricing insights => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58108/423139.aspx#423139

For upgrades, Logos calculates a credit value for the resources in your Logos Library, which are in the upgrade package.  Larger Logos packages and bundles have lower cost per resource.  Hence upgrading to a larger package has lower credit for individual resources in a library.

Forum reply => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/58237/422590.aspx#422590 has an example where upgrading to a larger package was less expensive because a Logos library already had a number of resources that were in the larger package so had more dynamic upgrade credit toward the larger package.

Personally choose to upgrade from Logos 4 Platinum to Logos 5 Portfolio since the delta increase from Diamond to Portfolio was less than 10 % for the combined regular price of many resources in my wish list, several of which had been added after forum thread discussions.

The value of an upgrade depends on the usefulness of the new resources plus budgetary constraints.   Many years ago learned an adage: "A Bargain is Not a Bargain if cannot use it."

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 10651
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 4:03 AM

Slava Novik:
I wish Logos would have a legit calculator, which would subtract my previous purchases. 

The calculator is legit. It is just that once you purchased the Minimal Upgrade the calculator now considers you to be an L5 owner and the discount for initial purchases has been withdrawn. Your previous purchases are considered, but the extra discount has gone away. Logos is looking into this, but I have not seen any news of a final decision. If you contemplate such a move, contact sales. Many have expressed satisfaction after this contact.

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 9:42 PM

I agree with the original post's title/assertion, yet come from a different perspective:

I was contemplating upgrading from L4 Scholar's to L5 Bronze ($237 for me), but the L5 Bronze upgrade only includes just over half of the new datasets, and not "Clause Search."  For me, the minimum crossgrade runs $150, and includes ALL the datasets. 

The reality for me is that hardly any attractive new books are included in Bronze, so it looks like I'll be going for the crossgrade.  If they'd kept "Clause Search" in Bronze, I would have gone that route.

Posts 10314
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 2:48 AM

Scott K:
For me, the minimum crossgrade runs $150, and includes ALL the datasets. 

Scott, but that's right now before any upgrade. Once you own Bronze, the MC should be cheaper, but I don''t know how much. The reason behind is that the MC price calculator is "dynamic" and will know after your Bronze upgarde that you own part of the product.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 3:07 AM

It's the same for me, I wouldn't need ALL the new dataset, that exact option You considered could be an option for me!

Scott K:
The reality for me is that hardly any attractive new books are included in Bronze, so it looks like I'll be going for the crossgrade.  If they'd kept "Clause Search" in Bronze, I would have gone that route.
There's a discussion about the price for going from L5 Bronze to minimum upgrade in: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/60151.aspx
NB.Mick:
Scott, but that's right now before any upgrade. Once you own Bronze, the MC should be cheaper, but I don''t know how much. The reason behind is that the MC price calculator is "dynamic" and will know after your Bronze upgarde that you own part of the product.
Scott K:
For me, the minimum crossgrade runs $150, and includes ALL the datasets.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 14
Matthew Dennison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 3:12 AM

I updated to L5 Bronze and the L5 minimum Crossgrade was only around $20 to get the extra features

I am glad I upgraded to bronze first as I noticed that all the L5 upgrade prices are costing way more now that I am on L5

(I was on L4 Bible Study so I wanted Bronze to get some more L4 features that where only on scholar)

Posts 10651
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 3:33 AM

NB.Mick:
Once you own Bronze, the MC should be cheaper, but I don''t know how much

Believe that different is $40.68 or thereabouts Geeked

Posts 29
John Tabor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:26 AM

I actually called and they canceled my minimum cross grade so that I could upgrade to L5 at the discounted price. I ended up getting silver because with bronze the minimum cross grade came to about the same price as the silver with the minimum cross grade (The minimum cross grade with silver was only $6). So when all was done I ended up with L5 Silver for only twice the price minimum cross grade alone.

By the way customer service was great through out all this.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS