How to Save Yourself Hundreds of Dollars

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 51 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:17 AM

I wouldn't be against the SSA series being made available in Logos, but the Lexham Bible Guides clearly serve a different purpose.  I've tried to put forward a more positive proposal concerning the guides, dealing with most of the criticisms above, here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/63694/447500.aspx.

Posts 3216
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 1:52 PM

Thanks for the link and input- a greater commitment, and maybe sell this as a set- with pr-orders it is bound to offset their current cost- making it more attractive, plus expanding some of the linked resources and features. 

Though still basic in nature with a little work this could be a resource that could be user expanded to their individual needs, and desires.

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:09 PM

Any thoughts on the spreadsheet/graphing suggestion in the Still Dreaming section of  http://community.logos.com/forums/p/63694/447500.aspx?  I'm guessing it's largely lost within such a long post...

Posts 1
Andrew McDonald | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 1:07 AM

Dear John

Of course one would not consider paying a research team to do individual research! That would be like employing Don Carson to write me a private commentary. The point of buying a commentary or purchasing resources such as Logos offer is to enable a wide number of people to benefit from research done by scholars. With all due respect justifying a high price by comparing it with employing private researchers is simply daft! We expect Christian publishers to exercise Christian integrity.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 7 2013 6:03 AM

Andrew McDonald:

Dear John

Of course one would not consider paying a research team to do individual research! That would be like employing Don Carson to write me a private commentary. The point of buying a commentary or purchasing resources such as Logos offer is to enable a wide number of people to benefit from research done by scholars. With all due respect justifying a high price by comparing it with employing private researchers is simply daft! We expect Christian publishers to exercise Christian integrity.

Peace and Blessing to you, Andrew!              *smile*

I notice on this lovely morning that this is your first post; so I would like to welcome you to the Logos Forums where Logos Bible Software users from around the world attempt to help and support and enlighten one another .......    It would be great if you feel truly welcome and "accepted" here on these Logos Forums  ..............

I also notice that you are replying to an extremely old thread.             If you desire to continue, you have many options of course!         *smile*

One - just leave everything as it is .......

or

Two - write a new post (re-writing what you are desiring to share with your brothers and sisters and start a new post in the appropriate forum ...

or

Three - whatever!           *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 31
Stuart A Weber | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2013 10:40 AM

Being a self-appointed forum policeman is just as bad as what you are accusing him of- and he didn't say anything that was objectionable.

Or, will you chastise me now for not living on the forum and having hundreds of posts?

Posts 9174
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2013 11:18 AM

Stuart A Weber:

Being a self-appointed forum policeman is just as bad as what you are accusing him of- and he didn't say anything that was objectionable.

Or, will you chastise me now for not living on the forum and having hundreds of posts?

Stuart, I'm confused as to what you mean by your post. After reading it I re-read this entire thread and could not see anyone who could be described as being "a self-appointed forum policeman".

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 670
Sleiman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:35 PM

Stuart A Weber:

Stuart, it seems that you were replying to Milford's post right before yours? From my experience reading Milford's posts on this forum, I can affirm that you totally misunderstood his intention. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to chastise anyone, especially a first time poster; rather, he was being welcoming more than anything else. And while his post may have come across somewhat different to you; please rest assured: Milford is probably one of the nicest people who spend time on the forum with the selfless intention of helping out. Not a self appointed police or anything like that. Cheers! Smile

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:57 PM

Sleiman:
Milford is probably one of the nicest people who spend time on the forum
Yes

Posts 9174
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 9 2013 6:09 PM

tom:

Sleiman:
Milford is probably one of the nicest people who spend time on the forum
Yes

YesYes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 194
KPK | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 1 2014 8:34 PM

I must say I am so glad I ran into this thread. Although, it's a year or two old but I believe the input and reviews here really just "amplified" what I was thinking after reviewing the Lexham Bible Guides Paul's letter.
First, let me say that I have 3,500 resources. While many may think that's a little or a lot it's all relative. :) 
However, the resources I have are a tremendous help to me! Some, not so much! 

When I first got this volume I was extremely excited because I'm currently studying 2 Timothy and cross referencing over to 2 Corin. all a part of my inductive study. 

Upon using it for 2 days (2 Tim. and 2 Cor.) I found that everything "offered" I have already done on my own using my own resources. The key words in each chapter are obvious, the summary was obvious, etc. If you sat down, outline the entire chapter, you will end up with the same summary, almost.  
The great thing about the inductive study is that it shows you how to study the word for yourself without any help from commentaries, just only you and the Holy Spirit. It includes cross references, word studies, a concordance, exegetical study, etc. Which all of these are also included in the Lexham Bible guides. If you are already doing this on your own, you don't need the Lexham Bible guide but if you're still new to studying the word and need guidance, then it's for you. I will be returning this volume. Such a bummer because I expected more. 

Posts 1043
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 1 2014 10:15 PM

If you are looking for something more in-depth, definitely check out https://www.logos.com/product/38965/exegetical-summaries-series

Page 3 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS