"The installation of the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 did not succeed."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 128
Derek | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 18 2012 7:46 PM

*sigh* I finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade - instead of cross-grade.  The the installation fails.  :(

I run the installer and immediately get this message.  "The installation of the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 did not succeed."  I did not see any .net installer start. 

I am running windows 7, 64bit Professional.  I wonder if it tried to check for 32 but .net installation, or run a .32 bit installer? 

Posts 128
Derek | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 7:49 PM

Downloaded the 4.5 myself and I got the message "Cannot install because a previous installation needs the computer to be restarted."

Restarting to see if this solves my problem.  More information from the Logos install would have been helpful in this case...

Posts 4776
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 7:50 PM

Try restarting the computer and then re installing. 

Everything ever written or spoken in Religion, formatted for Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1890
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 18 2012 8:22 PM

I had the same error message on my windows 8 installation.

I was not using a full version of 8, and thus had a funky build number for my .net framework.

Assuming you are using a full version though?

once you reboot, go into your control panel, and uninstall anything that installed when you tried to install logos (its called logos somethingcomponentsorsomething), and check to see if there are any references to the .net framework 4.5 - if so uninstall that as well.

Then reboot, then try to reinstall :)

iPad 3, iPhone 5, Octo-core pc with 16gb of ddr3. Bibliolater. Abondservant.com

Posts 128
Derek | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:47 AM

As stated, Windows had updated something in the background, and needed to be rebooted.  The Windows version gave me the proper answer to what was wrong.  After rebooting, Logos installed the 4.5 framework flawlessly.

Installed, working and exploring my new resources...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS