5.0a Release Candidate 1 (5.0.1.0216) available

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 19 2012 5:32 PM

5.0a Release Candidate 1 (5.0.1.0216) is available for download. An RC is considered a stable version.

To update to 5.0a RC 1, enter the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before. If you currently have a stable version installed (such as 5.0 SR-4) and do not want to receive future beta updates, follow the instructions on this thread. If you want to receive future beta updates, enter the Set Update Channel to Beta command to download RC 1.

Release Notes

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:30 PM

Is there a fix for users who cannot play sounds, especially the Startup sound? See here for a Windows 8 case as well the case on Win 7 that Bradley knows.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:41 PM

Dave Hooton:
Is there a fix for users who cannot play sounds, especially the Startup sound?

There is a fix for the Win 7 case. I assume this will also fix the Win 8 issue. I will update that thread and keep an eye on it. The fix is included in the release notes for 5.0a.

They were not included in the release notes for a beta because the fix was originally set to release with 5.0 SR-5, which got merged into 5.0a at some point. If I had to guess, I would venture to say that the fix was first included in 5.0a Beta 2.

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:32 PM

Brisa Calderon:
There is a fix for the Win 7 case. I assume this will also fix the Win 8 issue. I will update that thread and keep an eye on it. The fix is included in the release notes for 5.0a.

Thanks Brisa.

Two more thing, the 5.0a Notes do not mention the Popular Highlights VF; and

has the rating:0 issue from the original beta been resolved?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:50 PM

Dave Hooton:
5.0a Notes do not mention the Popular Highlights VF

That was totally a mistake on my part. I have added that into the release notes. Thank you!

Dave Hooton:

It might be because it is late, but I'm not sure what issue you are referring to. Could you be more specific?

Posts 130
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 12:45 AM

My OS X Lion copy of beta 2 won't update.  It shows an update is available when I type 'update now' in the command box, but no update downloads.  Anyone else having the same problem?

Posts 10670
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 3:36 AM

Ryan Schatz:

My OS X Lion copy of beta 2 won't update.  It shows an update is available when I type 'update now' in the command box, but no update downloads.  Anyone else having the same problem?

My system has updated normally through all the beta releases. When something like that happens, just download the manual update and install it.

In the past, Logos included a link in the release announcement, but I don't see one here—on in any of the L5 release notes.

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 4:02 AM

Brisa Calderon:

Dave Hooton:

It might be because it is late, but I'm not sure what issue you are referring to. Could you be more specific?

Community ratings being shown for rating:0 and the Rating column being sorted on these community ratings as well as user ratings.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 130
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 8:58 AM

Jack Caviness:

Ryan Schatz:

My system has updated normally through all the beta releases. When something like that happens, just download the manual update and install it.

In the past, Logos included a link in the release announcement, but I don't see one here—on in any of the L5 release notes.

Hi Jack - There doesn't appear to be any separate download for the L5 beta.  So I'm not sure how to resolve this one.

Posts 10670
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 9:53 AM

Ryan Schatz:
Hi Jack - There doesn't appear to be any separate download for the L5 beta.  So I'm not sure how to resolve this one.

Could find all sorts of links to download L4, but nothing for L5 Crying

Perhaps someone from Logos can point us in the correct direction.

Posts 22363
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:08 AM

Jack Caviness:

Ryan Schatz:

The post at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/52967.aspx says there is no such link for L5 Beta.

But this does seem to have been written in August so may no longer be current!

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:17 AM

Dave Hooton:
Community ratings being shown for rating:0 and the Rating column being sorted on these community ratings as well as user ratings.

This is still the way that the program functions in RC1. There is an open case for improving this behavior.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 10:19 AM

Jack Caviness:

Ryan Schatz:

There is currently no link for L5 Beta. When the L5 engine is available for free, the link will be made available. 

Posts 10670
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 3:57 PM

Brisa Calderon:
There is currently no link for L5 Beta. When the L5 engine is available for free, the link will be made available. 

Then someone from Logos needs to address Ryan's problem 428379.aspx

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:11 PM

Ryan Schatz:
My OS X Lion copy of beta 2 won't update.  

Wonder about using command:

set update channel to default

Let indexer download/index resources, then use command:

set update channel to beta

to cause Logos to retry Beta application update ?

Optional: move folders within Installers to trash before changing update channel back to beta. The disk image (dmg) update for OS X downloads into folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data//UpdateManager/Installers/<#####>

Can open dmg file to check download (after Indexer is done downloading); optionally can manually update application. If dmg cannot be opened, can move file to trash.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 130
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:35 PM

KS4J -

Woops, sorry... I meant my OS X Mountain Lion copy won't update.  Setting the update channel to default doesn't work either, and that path-- ~/Library/Application Support/Logos4/... doesn't exist for me.

Posts 130
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:44 PM

Wait... I was able to find my Library/Application Support/Logos4 directory and grabbed the error log

5444.LogosError.log.zip

Posts 130
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:51 PM

There was nothing in my Installers directory.  I did try deleting the Updates*.db files to no avail... same problem.

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 11:03 PM

We need logos.log and LogosIndexer.log  to diagnose what happens when you set update channel to beta.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 10670
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 3:25 AM

Ryan Schatz:
Wait... I was able to find my Library/Application Support/Logos4 directory and grabbed the error log

Ryan

Best procedure for gathering logs with L5 Mac:

The most convenient was to enable logging is to use AppleScript application by KS4J. (Restart of Logos needed after enabling)

Then use 6403.Logos Log Scribe R2.zip to create an archive of the logs on your desktop.

Use the paperclip on the message prep window to attach.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS