Biblical Languages Package contents not showing as purchased on products page

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 26
ClaytonH | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 19 2012 5:58 PM

Sorry for the long Subject line... 

I recently upgraded from Original to Biblical Languages as part of the Logos5 upgrade.  There are two issues I'm having with even knowing what I purchased.  

The first is that no one seems to be able to tell me what I have purchased.  The salesman read out a few of the big ticket items and because the upgrade only cost me about $330 I was happy to pay for it.  

The second issue which leads on from this, not only can no one give me a link or an email with the resources I purchased, but I have noticed that some resources I did get as part of the upgrade are not greyed out in the products page as with all my resources previously.  This means when I go shopping on the logos site II need my library open and to check every desired purchase against it.  

Is this normal and is there anyway I can fix this?  

Posts 9110
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:08 PM

Clayton,

Have you tried to sort your Library by Last Purchased? That ought to give you a big idea about what is new.

Don't know about the greyed out problem. There's nothing you can do to fix it. Logos would have to take a look at it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2358
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:08 PM

If you open your library and sort by "Last Updated" you should be able to see all your new resources.  This will not show all the resources available in Logos 5 - only those that are new to you.

The Comparison page on Logos' website will give you a list of all the resources in Logos 5.  You can sort by "All", "New to Logos 5" and "New to You".  I think there were some issues with the black dots displaying correctly.  I don't know if this has been fixed or not, but the grey dots will show you what resources are in each package.

I wish that Logos would make the comparison chart available in a pdf format - it would be so much easier.

I don't know why some of the resources you own are not "greyed out" on the product pages.  I have not had any issues with this in a long time.

Posts 9110
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:10 PM

Ronald Quick:
The Comparison page on Logos' website will give you a list of all the resources in Logos 5.

Except for Biblical Languages, which is what Clayton has and is only being marketed to the academic community and those who already owned it. That is part of his problem.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2358
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:15 PM

I didn't know about this.

Thanks.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:17 PM

Mark Smith:
Except for Biblical Languages, which is what Clayton has and is only being marketed to the academic community and those who already owned it. That is part of his problem.
I have the OL package, and I might be very interested with the BL package.  It all depends what is in it.  I am currently not in the academic community, but I do expect to get my Dmin at sometime in the future.

Posts 9110
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:18 PM

Ronald Quick:
I didn't know about this.

Unless Clayton had brought it up you still wouldn't. Those who had Original Languages probably would and those who can access the Academic pages would, otherwise Original Languages just vanished in L5.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9110
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:21 PM

tom:
I have the OL package, and I might be very interested with the BL package.

I think you'll have to call Sales directly. However as Clayton said, information is lacking.

Good luck on the DMin. If you attend a school that is part of the Logos Academic pricing program you'll be able to take advantage of it.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 26
ClaytonH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 19 2012 8:15 PM

Thanks everyone for your quick responses.  The 'last updated' helps only somewhat as a heap of resources seem to have been updated as part of the L5 upgrade.  It does give me a good indication though.

I'll give Logos a call to find out why when I browse products, resources I purchased are not shown as already purchased.  

Thanks again 

Posts 725
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 12:58 PM

Would someone who has purchased the Biblical Languages library tell me what the upgrade page shows as the cost to upgrade to Platinum and Silver? Some students at our campus are concerned about how much it would cost them later to upgrade to a larger collection later. Thanks.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 17 2012 4:52 PM

Harry Hahne:

Would someone who has purchased the Biblical Languages library tell me what the upgrade page shows as the cost to upgrade to Platinum and Silver? Some students at our campus are concerned about how much it would cost them later to upgrade to a larger collection later. Thanks.

There is nothing online about this package.  You can look at this thread for some more info: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/60280.aspx  (but it will not answer all of your questions).

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS