Logos 5 is out? They never finished Logos 4 yet!

Page 7 of 9 (177 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
This post has 176 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 4686
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 7:37 AM

Brian Eiche:
I too have gripes and complaints as I just bought 4 not knowing 5 was around the corner. I would have waited.

Hi Brian,

Sorry you haven't had any satisfaction with your contacts with Logos.

Please bear in mind that Logos offer a 30 day no quibble guarantee on the 'Resources' you purchased with your base package.

If you find that the resources in one of the L5 packages are more suitable for your needs then you can, in effect, give up your L4 resources and move to an L5 package.

If, on the other hand, you find that your original package is more suited to your needs (then you got in just in time) you can now add L5 functionality to your system by purchasing a cross grade.

You will also be able to move to the L5 basic model for free in the New Year.

Customer Services are very helpful - I ring them from the UK using Skype. They stay open in the evenings for UK customers. 

Posts 69
Sean Lillis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:01 AM

This whole thread should just be locked.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:17 AM

Michael Lyman:
I hope everyone here has a Happy Thanksgiving and can focus on this passage from another John:

+1 Yes Happy Thanksgiving Big Smile

Thankful can use Logos to search for Thanksgiving pilgrims:

Thankful for Logos 4 features working in Logos 5 so can "see" range of verbal expression in English and Greek:

Thankful for visual filter highlighting that combines hundreds of search results for simultaneous display.  Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Extended_Tips_for_Highlighting_and_Visual_Filters#Examples_of_visual_filters

Thankful for Logos 4 Personal Books that are usable in Logos 5, which can be used to customize glossary pop-ups.  Forum thread =>  http://community.logos.com/forums/p/37003/286745.aspx#286745

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 8:40 AM

Brian Eiche:
Look I am miffed about this upgrading like others. I have reached out to Logos in three ways (twitter, Email, live chat) and I have never ever heard back from anyone. Yet you don't see me complaining.

Brian, I'm sorry your attempts to reach out haven't been successful. Thanks for being patient and keeping a good attitude. I've asked someone to contact you soon. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know: pgons@logos.com, philgons@gmail.com, 360-685-2314, 360-389-2220 (mobile).

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 9:07 AM

Michael Lyman:

If you don't like it, fine, sell it, stop using it, whatever but find something productive to do in life. If you spent the time complaining actually studying and learning the program you would be amazed by what you would learn.

Hi Michael,

I love it. I have been using this sofware for better or worse over 15 years. I log in here and express a few complaints for the first time and am now labeled a chronic complainer Smile

My business is done here but I stuck around a bit mostly because a couple of individuals still felt the need to keep arguing with me.

Trust me I am able to cut and paste with the best of them. I could easily take you and Robert both on in a Bible verse sniping match if I cared for that sort of thing. Truth is I find it a bit immature that some individuals want to call others "fools" or similar names by hiding behind a Bible verse and pretending it was written especially with those people in mind who they are (mis)using it against.

I view that as disrespectful of scripture and I am sure I am not alone.

Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Posts 2694
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 9:18 AM

Glad you reached a conclusion, you have a great Thanksgiving too John

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 9:27 AM

John:
Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Dear Father and God in Heaven,

Thank you for your many blessings. I am in awe at your grace and unmerited favor. I am humbled by my lowly estate. I do not even deserve to have Logos Bible software. It, too, is a gift from you to me. 

I purpose to be grateful as I raise food and drink to my mouth this holiday. I will not grumble or murmor against perceived wrongs to "my rights."  Help me to apply your word and develop truth in my inward parts.

Psalm 51

1. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
  2. Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
  3. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
  4. Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
  5. Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
  6. Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
  7. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
  8. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
  9. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
  10. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
  11. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
  12. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
  13. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
  14. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
  15. O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
  16. For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
  17. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
  18. Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
  19. Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

In the precious name of Jesus,

Amen

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2737
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 9:58 AM

Super Tramp:

(...) In the precious name of Jesus,

Amen

Amen Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 12:42 PM

Paul Golder:

I'm trying to remember, wasn't it until Nelson came out with the free download of the demo version of Logos 3, that you could not even get the basic L3 engine until you bought some resources?

As well, didn't any functionality above the basic engine of L3 always required a purchase to gain additional features, or at least a purchase of a package to gain them? 

Just to clarify, this is incorrect. I was able to upgrade to Libronix 3.0 quite easily after Logos 3 shipped, then shortly afterwards I called sales and upgraded my Logos 2 Silver to L3 Gold. Logos did easily provide the L3 engine free.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 12:44 PM

Shawn Drewett:

So to sum up my previous post, a few years ago one could buy a very inexpensive Nelson/Baker/Ages product which included ALL up to date Logos data sets, but now that can't be done. 

This is also incorrect. The Nelson packages contained some core Logos addin functionality (like the Passage Guide, etc), but the Nelson collections never contained all of the functionality. To get the Biblical Languages Supplement, compare versions addin, and the real scholarly tools, I had to upgrade to L2 Silver. 

Nelson also never included things like Biblical People, Places, Things, etc. They were always Logos-exclusive.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 1:49 PM

Nathan Parker:

Paul Golder:

I'm trying to remember, wasn't it until Nelson came out with the free download of the demo version of Logos 3, that you could not even get the basic L3 engine until you bought some resources?

As well, didn't any functionality above the basic engine of L3 always required a purchase to gain additional features, or at least a purchase of a package to gain them? 

Just to clarify, this is incorrect. I was able to upgrade to Libronix 3.0 quite easily after Logos 3 shipped, then shortly afterwards I called sales and upgraded my Logos 2 Silver to L3 Gold. Logos did easily provide the L3 engine free.

I misspoke, I meant new users not upgraders.

By the way, I was wondering did the L2 - L3 upgrade include all the add-ons, including PBB?

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:49 PM

I thought I would post a follow-up to let everyone know how this ended for me.

A salesperson called me and told me he was authorized to try to help. I told him that I had no intention of ever spending any more money on this software.

After some discussion, I finally agreed accept a Logos 5 minimal crossgrade. Since my major complaint was that I had just purchased the Logos 4 crossgrade, and it was already obsolete, it seemed a good compromise.

Until tonight, when I attempted to install Logos 4 from the DVD i purchased on an XP machine, I find out that they have deactivated my Logos 4 minimal crossgrade as part of the deal.

Words cannot express how dissapointed I am with this whole situation.

I have spent so much time on this mess recently I have just completely had it. I am going to call tomorrow and demand a REFUND. If i don't get it I will do a chargeback on my credit card. I will find a way to get L3 running acceptably on Win7 and if I can't I'll use a virtual machine.

===============================================================================

On September 3rd, 2012 I purchased the Logos 4 minimal crossgrade package.

On November 21, 2012, shortly after Logos 5 was released, I was offered an
upgrade to Logos 5 minimal crossgrade in response to some complaints I had made.

The salesperson on the phone upgraded my account to L5 minimal crossgrade,
but neglected to inform me that the Logos 4 minimal crossgrade I had purchased
was going to be deactivated and I would no longer have access to several resources
which were contained in it.

One of the reasons I had purchased the Logos 4 minimal crossgrade is because it
contained several resources which I desired to add to my library.

I have no more patience for dealing with Logos. Please REFUND my purchase price of $73.40.

Thank You,
John

Posts 1660
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:08 PM

Deleted due to the message it was in reply to was deleted.

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 8:05 PM

Rick:

Deleted due to the message it was in reply to was deleted.

Sorry about that, I decided to post a copy of my request along with it. Thanks for your reply.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:02 PM

John:
Words cannot express how dissapointed I am with this whole situation. ... I have no more patience for dealing with Logos. Please REFUND my purchase price of $73.40.

Understand frustration.  Since no longer like Logos, one possibility is transferring your library to someone else, e.g. thread => Logos5 and other books  If want to sell Logos, suggest advertising elsewhere: e.g. => http://www.stilltruth.com/forums/logos-bible-software/great-finds

Apologies: my experience with Logos Sales has a different story and outcome.  For Logos 5, upgrading early turned out to be a bit less expensive since prices went up some when Logos added Minimal Crossgrade to Logos 5 upgrade page.

Thankful for Dell Outlet deals on Twitter; Black Friday sale this year included 30 % off several PC's that would quickly run Logos 5 on Windows 7 for less than $ 888 (with 2nd/3rd Generation Intel i5 or i7).

Thankful can run Libronix 3.0g and Logos 5.0a at the same time using one user account.  Also have Logos 4.6a installed in a different user account for upcoming 4.6b beta releases.  Personally prefer Logos 5 and am Thankful for new dataset and resources: clause search has some fascinating capabilities.  Bible Sense Lexicon is visibly improved in Logos 5.0a along with the best feature parity yet between OS X and Windows.  Looking forward to more Logos 4 and 5 improvements.

If want to keep Libronix 3.0g, creating a virtual machine is attractive: if choose to not access internet from the virtual machine, would not need anti-virus (avoids some head-aches).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:19 PM

John:
I find out that they have deactivated my Logos 4 minimal crossgrade as part of the deal.

John, I'm sorry for your frustration. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding based on your incorrect assertion that the Logos 4 Minimal Crossgrade is made obsolete by the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade. The sales person may have thought you wanted to exchange the L4MC for the L5MC, since you believed that the former no longer had value if you owned the new one. As I've already tried to explain, this is simply not true.

John:
Since my major complaint was that I had just purchased the Logos 4 crossgrade, and it was already obsolete

There is absolutely no sense in which the Logos 5 MC makes the Logos 4 MC obsolete. If you don't own a Logos 4 base package or a Logos 5 base package, you need to purchase both MC products to get all of the datasets that power the features of the software. If all you care about is the new features in Logos 5, then the L4MC isn't necessary. But it's certainly not made obsolete by the L5MC. They are completely different products.

John:

I'm sorry for your frustration. It sounds like a simple misunderstanding, which we'd be glad to rectify if you change your mind.

Posts 31
Mitchell Borrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:35 PM

I have been reading johns post's and I couldn't tell if he was actually being serious or not turns out he is. This is better then most tv shows. Thank you john for the Cheap entertainment you have brought me today. Who needs to pay for cable when theres threads like these!! haha

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:48 PM

u

Phil Gons:

John:
I find out that they have deactivated my Logos 4 minimal crossgrade as part of the deal.

John, I'm sorry for your frustration. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding based on your incorrect assertion that the Logos 4 Minimal Crossgrade is made obsolete by the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade. The sales person may have thought you wanted to exchange the L4MC for the L5MC, since you believed that the former no longer had value if you owned the new one. As I've already tried to explain, this is simply not true.

John:
Since my major complaint was that I had just purchased the Logos 4 crossgrade, and it was already obsolete

There is absolutely no sense in which the Logos 5 MC makes the Logos 4 MC obsolete. If you don't own a Logos 4 base package or a Logos 5 base package, you need to purchase both MC products to get all of the datasets that power the features of the software. If all you care about is the new features in Logos 5, then the L4MC isn't necessary. But it's certainly not made obsolete by the L5MC. They are completely different products.

John:

I'm sorry for your frustration. It sounds like a simple misunderstanding, which we'd be glad to rectify if you change your mind.

There was no misunderstanding on my part. Part of the reason i ordered the L4 cg was to get the HCSB. When i tried to view it on my android tablet it disappeared. The license was revoked. It was not communicated that I would lose access to anything.

Thanks for the good intention, but i am finally feeling good about this. I ordered BW9 upgrade with the ESV study Bible. Now i can finally move on getting my new laptop setup Smile

Posts 31
Mitchell Borrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 10:50 PM

You mean the show is over? Season finally? 

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:54 PM

Mitchell Borrows:

You mean the show is over? Season finally?

No Mitchell, you need to make a few more clever remarks before it can end. 

Page 7 of 9 (177 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS