Logos 5 is out? They never finished Logos 4 yet!

Page 8 of 9 (177 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
This post has 176 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:20 AM

John:

I just paid for a minimal crossgrade to Logos 4 a few weeks ago. Before I even get it to work now I find out it is obsolete. I wish I could go back in time 20+ years ago when I bought my first Logos 2.0 software. Back then they promised the library software would always be free. I would definitely tell myself not to do it. Over the years I purchased many titles which are now included "free" in various packaged libraries. And they want to force me to repay for them again in order to upgrade my library. I refuse to do it and go with the "minimal" charge ... and find I have been ripped off on that too. I have been fooled too many times by this money sucking scam.

I just bought a new computer and I am having serious thoughts of not even installing this buggy mess of overpriced half-completed vaporware.

It's good to know that someone else can tell that the Emperor has no clothes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor%27s_Clothes

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:32 AM

John:

I am getting tired of repaying over and over again for "new datasets". When i upgraded to Libronix 3 it was the same story. I was told that it contained revolutionary new search technology that would lay a foundation for advances years to come. Now it seems I am expected to pay for revolutionary new search technology every few months.

Your statement that they "take previous purchases into account" is a lie. If those purchases were not directly from the logos website, you may as well have not purchased them. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone recently with sales reps who finally told me that it simply was not possible to give me any discount when upgrading to a higher "scholars library" which contained hundreds of books (mostly nelson titles) which I had already purchased. Charging a customer twice for the same item might make money for the company but it isnt doing anything to keep customers.

If you really wanted to help, you would get Libronix 3 working correctly on Windows 7 instead of forcing a completely new, incomplete and buggy package on customers who have no choice. I paid the "minimal crossgrade" money twice, but now have two packages that dont run correctly on Windows 7. And I will probably be told I need to purchase another minimal upgrade to Logos 5. The incomplete and buggy Logos 4 will never be fixed for those who purchased it. This is in effect charging twice for the same product, as Logos 4 was never a complete version, but an incomplete beta test.

I'm finished with this. I have wasted thousands of dollars here but have finally had it throwing good money after bad.

<snif> And all this time I thought I was the only one that felt this way.

I need a hug.

Posts 165
Wayne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:06 AM

John and 777

Have you checked out the video by Mark Barnes that demonstrates new features in Logos 5? Things that I dreamed of doing 30 years ago in school are now possible. It is not for everyone, but an interesting tool for those who are.

http://www.logosbiblesoftwaretraining.com/introducing-v5/

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:46 AM

First, this thread needs to be locked.

Second, technology changes.  Should they get Libronix 3 completely working with Windows 7?  No.  That is like saying companies should use the same version of software they used on Windows 3.1 and make it run flawlessly with Windows 7.  It doesn't make any sense.

You don't have to upgrade.  There are benefits to doing so but it is not a requirement.  Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:18 AM

John:
I have no more patience for dealing with Logos. Please REFUND my purchase price of $73.40.

Is there not a story about a confrontation between a woman and Winston Churchill where the woman exclaimed, "Sir, if I were your wife I would poison your food." And Churchill purportedly answered, "Madam, if I were your husband I would eat it!"  ...or something to that effect?

This thread and the underlying spirit of grumbling has me willing to say if Logos won't refund your $73.40 I'd be willing to do so just to stop your whining. There is plenty of drama on TV and we don't need any more on the forums.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 311
Michael Hite | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:32 AM

Super Tramp:
This thread and the underlying spirit of grumbling has me willing to say if Logos won't refund your $73.40 I'd be willing to do so just to stop your whining. There is plenty of drama on TV and we don't need any more on the forums.

Super Tramp - I'll chip in on that with you.

2015 13" MacBook Pro - 2 Ghz Intel i7 - 16 GB RAM - 500GB SSD - 2018 iMac Pro - 3.2GHz 8-core Xeon - both systems running OS 10.14.3 (Mojave)

Posts 3065
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:45 AM

Michael Hite:

Super Tramp:

Super Tramp - I'll chip in on that with you.

Yes

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 31
Mitchell Borrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:50 AM

Me to!!

Posts 98
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:09 PM

John:

I just bought a new computer and I am having serious thoughts of not even installing this buggy mess of overpriced half-completed vaporware.

I know you posted this in anger, but buggy half-completed vaporware? I think it works pretty well on my desktop. I can understand the sticker shock, but it took you a couple years to upgrade to Logos 4. By the time you are ready for Logos 5, all the kinks will be worked out.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:06 PM

David Taylor Jr:

Should they get Libronix 3 completely working with Windows 7?  No.

I hope you don't own a software company. A software company stays in business by
making its customers happy.

A software company that was proactive and planned to discontinue support of a product
with the release of a new OS would do so by releasing an updated package that delivered
the same or better functionality at the time the new OS hit the market.

That isnt what happened here.

Posts 74
Ralph Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:16 PM

John:
My business is done here
John:
I hope you don't own a software company.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:17 PM

Super Tramp:

This thread and the underlying spirit of grumbling has me willing to say if Logos won't
refund your $73.40 I'd be willing to do so just to stop your whining. There is plenty of
drama on TV and we don't need any more on the forums.

What is this? Grumbling and whining about grumbling and whining?

If you dont like the subject in this thread, don't click on it. That also goes for all the other lemmings who also agreed to chip in money.

Do I need to explain this concept in more detail for you? Smile

I thought all the trolls had already posted in this thread, and here come some more of them.
Complaining about software has much more validity than what you are doing ...
complaining about other people, thread topics, whats on TV, etc.

Discussion of software is the purpose of this forum.

It is always possible that complaints about software on the forum
might lead to constructive changes in the future.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:27 PM

Ralph Hale:

John:
My business is done here

John:
I hope you don't own a software company.

Good example of selective editing Ralph. You chopped my sentence in half and made it say the opposite of what I wrote.

Thats what this guy does with the Bible -> Devil

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 4:34 PM

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/34791.aspx (community pricing or prepub) ... interested yet?  :)

Just Joking on Bigger Scale :)

Posts 31
Mitchell Borrows | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 5:24 PM

People keep posting cause John keeps giving them what they want. If john stopped posting this would probably be all over. But he probably wont so the thread will go on. 

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:25 PM

Mitchell Borrows:

People keep posting cause John keeps giving them what they want. If john stopped posting this would probably be all over. But he probably wont so the thread will go on. 

I'm still posting because you are Big Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:09 PM

John:

Thankful for Search examples added to Logos 5:

Likewise learned Logos 4.6a SR-2 can do cartoon image search:

Caveat: for Logos 4, needed to know appropriate search syntax.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:59 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

John:

Thankful for Search examples added to Logos 5:

Likewise learned Logos 4.6a SR-2 can do cartoon image search:

Caveat: for Logos 4, needed to know appropriate search syntax.

Keep Smiling Smile

Keep Smiling!           *smile*              Yes!   You are both quite "correct" indeed!  Your post is very much appreciated by me!  Peace!   ...   And ... Always Joy in the Lord!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 2:32 AM

John:

I hope you don't own a software company. A software company stays in business by

A software company that was proactive and planned to discontinue support of a product
with the release of a new OS would do so by releasing an updated package that delivered

Just do like I did and give your Logos away.  I first bought into Logos when it shipped on floppy disk.  It's been just a long jumbled trail of perpetual beta tests, broken promises, upgrades that only upgrade the till at Logos, and a lot of changing horses midstream.  Bah and Fooey.  I gave my licenses for Logos away and now I'm on the mend.  Getting off the train that never goes anywhere was just the ticket I needed.  

Just.  stop. throwing. good. money. after. bad.

Posts 2737
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 29 2012 5:07 AM

777:

John:

Just do like I did and give your Logos away.  I first bought into Logos when it shipped on floppy disk.  It's been just a long jumbled trail of perpetual beta tests, broken promises, upgrades that only upgrade the till at Logos, and a lot of changing horses midstream.  Bah and Fooey.  I gave my licenses for Logos away and now I'm on the mend.  Getting off the train that never goes anywhere was just the ticket I needed.  

Just.  stop. throwing. good. money. after. bad.

Just to make sure... are we still talking about Logos Bible Software I use all the time since 1996? Somehow I cannot connect. I may be slow...

Bohuslav

Page 8 of 9 (177 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > | RSS