Hiding multiple resources in L5

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:05 AM

I know this was implemented in L4, but the option is not there in L5.  Selecting multiple resources and dragging them to the "hidden resources" window does not work.  Does anyone know how to do this?  If not, this would be a good suggestion...

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:21 AM

Tom Geswein:

I know this was implemented in L4, but the option is not there in L5.  Selecting multiple resources and dragging them to the "hidden resources" window does not work.  Does anyone know how to do this?  If not, this would be a good suggestion...

Peace, Tom!                  I have (as of yesterday - 5.0a)            The following is from my Help File....         If it's not there for you, something is wrong ....

Always Joy in the Lord!

How do I remove a book from my Library?

Use the Hidden Resources feature in the Program Settings tool to remove books from your Library (and hard disk drive).

1. Click on Tools | Program Settings.

2. Click the Hidden Resources heading to expand that section.

3. Drag resources you want to hide from the Library panel to this section. (Tip: Open Library in panel next to Program Settings panel.)

4. Restart Logos 5 for changes to take effect. Indexing will run for a short time. (Note: The hidden resource’s book file will be deleted, so if you are low on hard drive space, you can just hide a resource without having to locate its book file to delete it manually.)

5. To Unhide a resource, hover over the resource in the Hidden Resources list to highlight the title, and then click on the delete (X) button. Restart Logos 5 for the change to take effect. After restarting, the resource will be downloaded automatically and reindexed.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:26 AM

Tom Geswein:
Selecting multiple resources and dragging them to the "hidden resources" window does not work. 

Hi Tom,

Actually, I can confirm the same limitation. Are you working on the Mac side?

For clarification, I am using left click and shift to select multiple resources. However, when I drag it is only pulling over the first resource in the list.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:29 AM

Hopefully Logos will bring back this functionality in 5.0a RC2 for Windows and Mac.

David

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:31 AM

Tom Geswein:

Dragging multiple resources to hide them wasn't in L4.  It was done by the accessing the pop-up menu using  "Opt+ RightClick" in Mac or"Ctrl+RightClick" in Windows.  See the wiki:

http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books

It works the same way in L5 as in L4.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 7:33 AM

Todd Phillips:
It was always done by the accessing the pop-up menu using  "Opt+right-click" in Mac or"Ctrl+right-click" in Windows.

Actually, that does seem to work Embarrassed.

Thanks, Todd!

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 2:20 PM

Andy Evans:

Todd Phillips:
It was always done by the accessing the pop-up menu using  "Opt+right-click" in Mac or"Ctrl+right-click" in Windows.

Actually, that does seem to work Embarrassed.

The right-click menu doesn't have the option, but Ctrl+right-click does.  I missed that when I first read your post.  It seems a little unintuitive, but it works - didn't see this in the Help file anywhere.

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 5629
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 2:24 PM

Tom Geswein:
The right-click menu doesn't have the option, but Ctrl+right-click does.  I missed that when I first read your post.  It seems a little unintuitive, but it works - didn't see this in the Help file anywhere.

Logos purposely made it hard to hide resources because they didn't want people accidentally hiding their whole library.  Probably why it's not in the help file.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS