Logos Maps Too Cluttered!!!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 20 2012 1:28 PM

The Logos Maps are too cluttered.  I like the old way when the full screen mode is used we had just the map itself that we could zoom in and out.  I see no use for the smaller map is the right corrner it it destracting and gets in the way.  The milage toolbar is nice but can get in the way at times.  Please give us the option to turn off.  Especially give us the option to toggle off the map information on the left side of the page.  When full screen mode is used I would just like the map and nothing else.  As a Pastor when presenting a biblical location on the screen it is helpfull only to have the map itself and nothing else.  Anyone else agree?

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 5:27 PM

I really don't have an opinion one or the other regarding the map. I like the funtionality of it. It would be nice if the information pane on the left could be collapsed or expanded.

Posts 2541
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:02 PM

I haven't used the maps in L5 yet, but from your screenshot it looks like there is too much (for me anyway.)   I would definitely like the ability to minimize the panel on the left.  The mileage doesn't bother me as much as the small map in the right hand corner.  What would be great would be small icons we could click to toggle them on and off as needed.

I do use maps in powerpoint presentations and when I do I want the map to not be cluttered.

Posts 33842
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:07 PM

I understand why the kind of flexibility you are asking for would be useful in some circumstances but for most of my uses I like it as it is.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 687
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:13 PM

John Brumett:
As a Pastor when presenting a biblical location on the screen

If you right click on the map you can "Send to Powerpoint", or copy it, save it as an image file do whatever you want with it in your presentations...

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:16 PM

I too wish there was more control over the way that the maps display and also have a full screen map only mode with the ability to control the extras. I pulled the same map you have above and using the F11 mode it was a little better combined with the zoom using my mouse wheel.

Being able to disappear items I don't need would be awesome.

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 20 2012 6:23 PM

Fredc:
It would be nice if the information pane on the left could be collapsed or expanded.

There is currently a case for collapsing the information pane.

Posts 7
amy jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:03 AM

I agree and also to toggle off the small map in upper right hand corner.

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 9:42 AM

Jon:
If you right click on the map you can "Send to Powerpoint", or copy it, save it as an image file do whatever you want with it in your presentations...

The only problem with using the map in powerpoint is the easy ability to pan and zoom.  If I am teaching on Paul's Missionary Journies I like the full screen map and the ability on the fly to pan and zoom. This is the situation where less clutter is better.  The smaller map in the right hand corner gets in the way.     

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 9:48 AM

I've also noticed that the title of the map doesn't disappear in full screen mode even when you zoom in and out.  There are some cases when I will use a map dealing with a biblical place and the titIe doesn't reflect to my audience what I am studying. I don't need the title constantly appearing on the screen.  

Posts 54
Tommy Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 24 2012 10:21 AM

John Brumett:

When full screen mode is used I would just like the map and nothing else.  As a Pastor when presenting a biblical location on the screen it is helpful only to have the map itself and nothing else.  Anyone else agree?

John,

I wholeheartedly agree with you in all points on this. Please give us the flexibility.

Core i7-2630QM CPU 2.00 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64-Bit Windows 7 Professional SP1

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:07 PM

Fredc:
It would be nice if the information pane on the left could be collapsed or expanded.

The info panel will be hidden when in reading view in 5.0b Beta 1 for beta testers, and in general when 5.0b ships to the stable channel.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:13 PM

Sounds good. Thanks for the update BrisaYes

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS