5.0a (5.0.1.0220) available for download

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 35 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 40
Rick King | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 6:49 PM

So PC gets a new logo and we on the Mac side get a crashing program that won't run.  Have just gone through the horrific process of rebooting.  Mid 2011 iMac with 12 gigs... not nearly enough memory.  5 gigs free and after removing the old app and putting it in the trash, and replacing it with a fresh one... same thing.  I need to somehow clear out the preferences for this so that it will load with nothing open.  No way to get that info.  I guess I'll keep trying through the night and all day tomorrow.  If anyone knows how to wipe ou the prefs, let me know.  Have church in ten minutes so I have run into the wall for now.    Why does everything always break on a holiday? 

Posts 1583
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 7:03 PM

Rick King:
a crashing program

For some reason many are finding that the Prayer List is causing problems. Are you able to drill down to find and delete that database. It will NOT harm, and just might help?

Regards, SteveF

Posts 23368
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 7:56 PM

Rick King:
So PC gets a new logo and we on the Mac side get a crashing program that won't run. 

Please post some logs so we can be sure about the cause  --> http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging (under Logos 5 for OSx)

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 40
Rick King | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:52 PM

In those directions for logs, I found a way to fix it.  Thank you!   Something, I have no clue what, was opening with the program and I just knew that was the cause of it somehow.  I couldn't find a way to open it in "safe mode".  Hit command on open and check the use blank layout box.  Bang.  I used one of sessions from before the time all this went crazy and it was able to run that fine.  I shut the program down and opened it back up.  It is still open.  It is a mystery but I had something open .. I could see a second window that kept wanting to open... that caused it to crash when trying to load it on start.  Apparently having it open while it was running was not an issue but in trying to do whatever it was on start, caused it to crash.  All's well that ends well, I suppose.  I could not find anything out there on how to get it to start up with a blank slate and clear out my old session but now I know!  So next time it goes whacko, hit command on startup and check use blank layout. 

I never could figure out where you where supposed to get the logs from after you turned on logging.  Shrug.  I had the crash report from Apple but that never seems to do anyone any good.   No matter, the blank page got it running again.  Praise the Lord!  :-)

Posts 8671
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:54 PM

Rick that is a good first level option. Glad you discovered it and it worked.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 168
Mark Nigro | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 1:04 AM

I have just updated and find no problems. In fact, maybe it's just me, but the response time of L5 seems to be a bit faster now. Double clicking a word pulls up my preferred lexicon instantly, whereas there used to be about a full second or so. Contextual menus open lickety-split as well.

Mark Nigro

Pastor/Teacher/Student/Writer

www.calvarychapelbiblecollege.com

Posts 4160
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 1:28 AM

Mark Nigro:

I have just updated and find no problems. In fact, maybe it's just me, but the response time of L5 seems to be a bit faster now. Double clicking a word pulls up my preferred lexicon instantly, whereas there used to be about a full second or so. Contextual menus open lickety-split as well.

I too have updated successfully, I see the predefined layouts even in the home page, and still have my stylish blue icon.  

Posts 325
Robert Wazlavek | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 1:37 AM

Mike Binks:

I too have updated successfully, I see the predefined layouts even in the home page, and still have my stylish blue icon.  

Are you on a mac?  I am, and I also see the predefined layouts on with the Homepage up.  And yes, our icons are mostly the same (they did change slightly though).

Posts 1873
Forum MVP
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 4:11 AM

Mike Binks:

Me, too! Big Smile

For me – Logos 5 just keeps getting better and better!

Thanks to all at Logos for this marvellous product/resource!!

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 10211
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 6:21 AM

Rick King:
I never could figure out where you where supposed to get the logs from after you turned on logging.

Rick, best way to use logging for the Mac OS:

The most convenient was to enable logging is to use AppleScript application by KS4J. (Restart of Logos needed after enabling)

Then use 6403.Logos Log Scribe R2.zip to create an archive of the logs on your desktop.

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 46
Phelix Lockhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 7:08 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! I am opening up the Bible Sense Lexicon, but there is no tree layout in the white area to the right; am I doing something wrong?

It is also crashing when I try to dock the panel

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 7:11 AM

Phelix Lockhart:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! I am opening up the Bible Sense Lexicon, but there is no tree layout in the white area to the right; am I doing something wrong?

I have this issue, the same problem?

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 7:15 AM

Jack Caviness:

The most convenient was to enable logging is to use AppleScript application by KS4J. (Restart of Logos needed after enabling)

Then use 6403.Logos Log Scribe R2.zip to create an archive of the logs on your desktop.

Jack,

Can I add that ... just in case you are running OS X 10.8 opening unsigned Apps for the first time ...

You can choose to override your security settings and open the app anyway.

1. In the Finder, locate the app you want to open. Most apps can be found in the Applications folder.
  2. Press the Control-key and click the app icon.
  3. Choose Open from the pop-up menu.
  4. Click Open.

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 7:17 AM

Ben:

Phelix Lockhart:

You might want to move over to this thread to report your problem, as the problem is reported there. We are having more people report things in this general download thread, they won't be seen or tracked as easily.  As you can see over there, are you online to the Internet? You need to be to see the "trees".

Posts 277
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 7:21 AM

Dominick Sela:

Ben:

Phelix Lockhart:

You might want to move over to this thread to report your problem, as the problem is reported there. We are having more people report things in this general download thread, they won't be seen or tracked as easily.  As you can see over there, are you online to the Internet? You need to be to see the "trees".

Thanks for this tip.

2 Peter 3:18  But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Posts 10211
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 22 2012 12:33 PM

LimJK:

Jack,

Can I add that ... just in case you are running OS X 10.8 opening unsigned Apps for the first time ...

Add anything you wish. I am using 10.7.5, so am not familiar with 10.8

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Page 2 of 2 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS