Mac & PC version 4

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Dennis Hodulick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 29 2009 12:36 PM

I'm a long time user of Logos all the way from version #1.

And have worked my way up through all the upgrades.

About a year ago I started using a Mac also and am using the Mac version of Logos.

My question is can I upgrade to the PC version 4 now and then upgrade to the version 4 for Mac and use them both?

I would be using them on two different machines (not at the same time.)

If so, what would be the cost?

Thanks,
Dennis Hodulick

Posts 27414
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 12:45 PM

I think you will get a better response in the Mac forum for Logos4 (my guess is that the Mac upgrade also gives you the PC upgrade). You can get Upgrade costs from the Upgrade Advisor on the main web site as these are always personal.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 10864
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:04 PM

DennisHodulick:
My question is can I upgrade to the PC version 4 now and then upgrade to the version 4 for Mac and use them both?

As Dave suggested, you can get better answers on the Logos 4 Mac forum. (we're a really friendly bunch over there with an occasional Windows spy Big Smile). However, to answer your most pertinent (i think) question: When you purchase Logos 4, you purchase both Windows and Mac versions. Although they are separate downloads, the same license covers both versions. Many of us are using Windows for serious study and the Mac version for testing, especially those of us with masochistic tendencies Geeked

Posts 27414
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:08 PM

JackCaviness:
Many of us are using Windows for serious study and the Mac version for testing, especially those of us with masochistic tendencies Geeked

So the Mac side is fraught with peril, ehStick out tongue

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1722
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 3:01 PM

With Logos 4, you only pay for the books, on either platform. So you can move to Logos 4 on Windows, and then switch to the Mac Logos 4 in the future, at no extra cost. You can even run both (yourself) at the same time.

Posts 6
Dennis Hodulick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 4:19 PM

Thanks everyone, my questions are answered.

Posts 10864
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 5:38 PM

Dave Hooton:
So the Mac side is fraught with peril, ehStick out tongue

Its not really peril, Dave. We know it will crash. Well, that is not completely true. With the release of A5 my system no longer crashes, but it doesn't quit when I tell it to go away either. However, I can see real progress. One day, perhaps soon, our self-torture will come to an end, and we will have little left to complain about.

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2009 6:18 PM

JackCaviness:
One day, perhaps soon, our self-torture will come to an end, and we will have little left to complain about.

Hmmmmm....  I'm sure there be something.....  :)

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:59 AM

Bob Pritchett:
With Logos 4, you only pay for the books, on either platform. So you can move to Logos 4 on Windows, and then switch to the Mac Logos 4 in the future, at no extra cost. You can even run both (yourself) at the same time.

Very good to know...this should be a sticky post Big Smile

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 10864
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 3:06 AM

Damian McGrath:

JackCaviness:
One day, perhaps soon, our self-torture will come to an end, and we will have little left to complain about.

Hmmmmm....  I'm sure there be something.....  :)

I said there would be little left to complain about. I am sure we can still complain much about that little. Now, our complaining resources are spread over a large area. Then, we can concentrate our efforts. I'd better stop there. Big SmileGeekedCool

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:13 PM

Jack, glad that you openly admit that using a Mac involves self torture while a PC equals serious study.. LOL

PC - 1    Mac - 0

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Posts 10864
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:38 PM

KevinTaylor:

Jack, glad that you openly admit that using a Mac involves self torture while a PC equals serious study.. LOL

PC - 1    Mac - 0

Did you deliberately misread my post, or is this a joke? Logos 4 (or 1 for that matter) for Mac is self-torture. The Mac itself is bliss Geeked

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:50 PM

JackCaviness:
Did you deliberately misread my post, or is this a joke?
I have noticed in a couple places that Kevin just likes to make rude comments because he finds it funny... from what I can tell it is the way he likes to present himself on the forum.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7824/62655.aspx#62655

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 2:51 AM

KevinTaylor:

PC - 1    Mac - 0

Bad exegesis Sad

Big Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:14 AM

KevinTaylor:

PC - 1    Mac - 0

Worst case of Mac envy I have seen in a long time.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS