Byzantine 2005 update

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30
Shawn Roper | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 26 2012 3:46 AM

For the people who still use the Byzantine Textform 2005, can we get an update where:

1. the mouse over shows the english translation with the rest of the information at the bottom of the pane
  2. the right click menu shows the new information from the Logos 5 databases (person sense, etc.)
  3. the information pane shows how the word was translated for the major translations of the Bible.
  4. and any other updates that come with the other greek texts

THe NA27, NA28, and USB4 have been updated but this one is being left behind.  Since the NKJV is still a major translation the Byzantine 2005 and the NKJV should be updated with the rest.

Posts 13413
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 4:02 AM

Shawn Roper:
Since the NKJV is still a major translation the Byzantine 2005 and the NKJV should be updated with the rest.

The KJV and NKJV have been updated. The reason Byzantine 2005 hasn't been updated is because it doesn't support sympathetic highlighting, so individual words in Byzantine haven't been keyed to individual words in other texts. It's never supported sympathetic highlighting, so I doubt it will be updated now.

The good news is that The New Testament in Greek (Scrivener 1881) does support sympathetic highlighting, along with Biblical Things tagging, speaker labels, senses and referent data. The only thing it doesn't have are English glosses. The text is essentially the same as Byzantine 2005 (i.e. it is a Majority Text). It comes with Bronze or above, or you can buy it here.

Posts 30
Shawn Roper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 4:22 AM

This would be even better if they added the english glosses and the markers in the the text for variants like the Byzantine has.  Just thought I would ask.  Maybe a Logos employee who just can't sleep late at night for a couple of months could add it in. Big Smile

Posts 1370
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 26 2012 6:02 AM

Mark Barnes:
The reason Byzantine 2005 hasn't been updated is because it doesn't support sympathetic highlighting, so individual words in Byzantine haven't been keyed to individual words in other texts. It's never supported sympathetic highlighting, so I doubt it will be updated now.

Yes, Robinson's 2005 Byz needs some work to be brought up to par with the rest of the morph Greek NTs. The good news is that it is on my list of things that should be done. The bad news is that the list of things that needs to be done routinely trumps the list of things that should be done.

Mark Barnes:
The good news is that The New Testament in Greek (Scrivener 1881) does support sympathetic highlighting, along with Biblical Things tagging, speaker labels, senses and referent data. The only thing it doesn't have are English glosses. The text is essentially the same as Byzantine 2005 (i.e. it is a Majority Text). It comes with Bronze or above, or you can buy it here.

Yes, this is the best alternative, and the best edition of a TR/Majority text in Logos. This is the textual basis that is associated with the KJV NT,  NKJV NT, and Spanish RV1960 NT. As Scrivener's edition specifically tries to recreate the textual basis of the KJV NT, it is the best text to use in the alignment of NTs in the KJV textual tradition.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS