Renaming a Reading Plan

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 12
Luke | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 27 2012 11:13 AM

I have looked at other posts, but have found none addressing how to rename a reading plan in L4 for Mac.  The Windows version is said to have a pencil next to the name (or just click on the name).  I have been unable to do that, and as the screen shot below shows, no pencil.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

luke

Posts 27684
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:00 PM

What version are you using?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 12
Luke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:40 PM

Logos Bible Software 4.6a SR-3 (4.61.0.3378)

Posts 27684
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:43 PM

I'm running L5 Mac… hopefully someone running L4.6a can confirm or not. By the way, have you checked other reading plans, or just this one?

Posts 27684
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 1:44 PM

I just thought of something… This is a shared plan, right? It may not be possible to change the name. Are you the creator of the plan? I just checked and I am UNABLE to change the name of a plan created by someone else. I don't know about a shared plan that I create… 

Posts 12
Luke | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 2:08 PM

I did create the plan.  It seems to be that you cannot change the names of shared plans once you have created them.  I did some testing.  I can change the name of other plans.  If I create a shared plan, I cannot change the name.  Not sure if this is a glitch, or because it would mess up syncing somehow.

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:35 PM

Luke:
If I create a shared plan, I cannot change the name.  Not sure if this is a glitch, or because it would mess up syncing somehow.

This is intentional. Originally there were plans to allow creators of the plan to change it but that was dropped to make other areas (like syncing) simpler to handle. The only thing you can change in a group reading plan is the Bible you're reading the plan in.

Ryan

Posts 27684
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 5:55 PM

Sounds good to me Ryan! Now if reading plans were only more customizable… (hint, hint). Wink

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:03 PM

alabama24:
Now if reading plans were only more customizable… (hint, hint). Wink

What type of things would you like to customize?

I've seen requests for "read only a portion of this non-Bible resource".

Are there other things you'd like to see?

Posts 27684
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 27 2012 6:39 PM

Ryan Gano:
What type of things would you like to customize?

My biggest request falls along the lines of "read only a portion of this non-Bible resource." I recently tried to have a group discussion on a (Vyrso) resource. It would have been great if I could have selected dates for chapters to be read. That would fit most of my needs… but it would be great if the breaks could be elsewhere. It is REALLY annoying to create a reading plan and have Logos break up the readings willy nilly. It is also annoying that it creates readings for 1) the title page 2) table of contents 3) book section breaks (i.e. "part 2"), etc.

In terms of bible reading plans… I would want to see the ability to specify exact readings. (It would be great if these could be translation independent, but that isn't a deal breaker). This would be most important for me if I were to create group reading plans. It would be great, for example, to be able to have certain readings throughout the week. I would love to lead people to Worship through the Word with readings relating to the Sunday message. I could imagine using Faithlife for groups… but it is too much in its infancy. A pastor can gain or lose influence by pushing through new initiatives. In its current state, I would never use Faithlife or group reading plans for the congregation as a whole… but I would like to. Wink I guess the ability to "add" to the reading plan would be a nice feature as well… It would be nice if people could subscribe to the "sermon" reading plan, which the staff could add readings to weekly. Otherwise, 1) the pastor would have to have readings weeks in advance or 2) people would have to continue subscribing to new reading plans.

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:42 AM

This is great feedback. I've passed your ideas on to the appropriate people.

The way I read your requests is as follows:

1. Read only a portion of a book (and specify the portion)
2. (Optionally) skip non-essential parts (Title page, Contents, Index)
3. Allow reading plans to be modified as they go (Share with group and add readings as you go)
4. Choose the points where readings are broken.

If I've missed anything or misconstrued your request let me know.

Ryan

Posts 27684
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 9:54 AM

Ryan Gano:
If I've missed anything or misconstrued your request let me know.

I think you summed it up well. Thanks for considering my suggestions. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS