New Tray Icon

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 39 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 98
Dan | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:26 AM

I don't like it. The new tray icon is too tiny due to the new border and makes it hard to make out the magnifying glass. The old one was way better. It matched the website and the program icon.

What does everyone else think?

Old: 

New: 

Posts 50
john nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:49 AM

I like the new changes. It sets it apart from L4 (has L4 icons changed as well?). I have L5 so I don't know if it changed for both.

Posts 3022
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 6:54 AM

At the end of they day....it is just an icon and really has nothing to do with the functionality or the look of the program itself.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 98
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:09 AM

David Taylor Jr:

At the end of they day....it is just an icon and really has nothing to do with the functionality or the look of the program itself.

Sure. But as a software designer, things like this bother me :)

Posts 4603
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:16 AM

Dan:

I don't like it. The new tray icon is too tiny due to the new border and makes it hard to make out the magnifying glass. The old one was way better. It matched the website and the program icon.

Old: 

New: 

In the small form it appears in the system tray I like the old one better. It seems more well defined.

But the reality is I really don't care what the icon looks like. Big Smile

Posts 3022
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:16 AM

Dan:

David Taylor Jr:

Sure. But as a software designer, things like this bother me :)

Haha! Fair enough!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 7:34 AM

Dan:

Old: 

New: 

I agree.  I feel the same about the full sized icon too.  They also look like they were redesigned in 15 minutes on the back of an envelope. Email

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 68
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 9:11 AM

Todd Phillips:

I agree.  I feel the same about the full sized icon too.  They also look like they were redesigned in 15 minutes on the back of an envelope. Email

YesYes

Tim

Posts 4645
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 9:14 AM

Strange

Old  

New 

Smile

Posts 68
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 9:55 AM

Mike Binks:

Strange

Old  

New 

Smile

That's on your Mac. Same thing as my iMac. The ugly one is on my Windows laptop.

Can't wait till I can get a new Mac Book Air just so I can get rid of the ugly icon, hope to do that some time this coming year.

Blessings,

Tim

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 11:39 AM

Todd Phillips:
I agree.  I feel the same about the full sized icon too. 

Yes, please add the old icons back in. That new patch of blue and white definitely looks ugly (sorry to the person who made it his/her 'baby').

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:13 PM

Well, I guess that, if there is not going to be any consistency between the the shortcut and the application icons, I would prefer the old over the current new also. I can see why they added the blue border (because the icon would be drowned out by the white background of the start menu), but it is too thick. I do believe that there should be a new/different icon between L4 and L5, and that the new one does have hope, but in it's current state, no. Smile

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:19 PM

Maybe Logos should ask the users for suggested icons, then finalize one (or a modification of one) before L5 gains in age.

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 12:54 PM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

Maybe Logos should ask the users for suggested icons, then finalize one (or a modification of one) before L5 gains in age.

You mean an icon design contest? Great idea!

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:01 PM

I like the old one much more than the new one. I think it is actually the first new thing Logos has come with I don't like Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 1:04 PM

David L Bailey:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

You mean an icon design contest? Great idea!

Yes. There are users of various experience here, from newborns to seniors, and what appears to be the common thought on the new icon is that it should be changed somehow. So something has definitely went wrong in the selection of this icon. Technically, it does not matter what the icon is, as it doesn't effect the program use, but it sticks out enough for just about everyone to comment on. Smile

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:12 PM

Since we are on icons, how about making the startup splash screen smaller like the previous size and give it rounded corners.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:22 PM

For sure I'm not trying to be "contrary"!        *smile*

However, I DO like the new one!                                                     Peace to all!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 2:39 PM

Every time I look at the new one, I think that a layer of snow has fallen on the Logos icon.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 28 2012 10:11 PM

OK, here's the challenge, pick out the most undistinguished of the icons shown below. They are all basic blue and white (a little yellow on one), so you won't be choosing based on your color preferences:

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 2 (40 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS