Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 16 2009 4:28 AM

I've read through the description that is posted here regarding these resources: http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/4633

When I go to the magazine's website, I learn they sell a cd-rom in pdf "text only" format.  My question is, does the Libronix version include pictures, illustrations?  I don't want to take it for granted.  Can someone verify who has the first 51 issues?  Thank you.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 9:37 AM

Ditto on wanting to know the answer to this myself...

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 11:08 AM
No pix.
Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 11:40 AM

That, IMHO, borders on near tragedy.  I'm contemplating canceling my pre-order.... I just assumed.

Posts 2706
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 12:45 PM

Don:
No pix.

I hope this is not the case with the new edition? I am sure Logos are able to include pix.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 10599
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 12:59 PM

JoanKorte:

I've read through the description that is posted here regarding these resources: http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/4633

When I go to the magazine's website, I learn they sell a cd-rom in pdf "text only" format.  My question is, does the Libronix version include pictures, illustrations?  I don't want to take it for granted.  Can someone verify who has the first 51 issues?  Thank you.

Joan

The sample pages on the product details page only shows one picture in the available pages. That is the logo (?) on the cover of the sample.

Jack

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 2:04 PM

The reason I ask, gentlemen, (and I thank you all for your comments) is because I googled the resource and found the following in a review:

"Christian History & BiographyNow more than ever Christians are interested in discovering the historical facts of the Christian faith. Christian History & Biography magazine offers highly researched chronicles of the people and events that have shaped the fascinating journey of Christianity throughout the ages. Indepth, informative articles, graphics, illustrations, timelines and maps all enhance the retracing of Christianity's roots"

So, I concluded that the magazine included "graphics and illustrations" and I thought that the cd-rom that the magazine provides/sells was "text only" and wanted to check it out with those who had the Libronix format.  I really want illustrations...so unless I hear differently, I will be dropping it from pre-pub.  Thanks, again.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 5:10 PM

Sounds like we need someone from Logos to clarify this!?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 6:31 PM

JoanKorte:

"Christian History & BiographyNow more than ever Christians are interested in discovering the historical facts of the Christian faith. Christian History & Biography magazine offers highly researched chronicles of the people and events that have shaped the fascinating journey of Christianity throughout the ages. Indepth, informative articles, graphics, illustrations, timelines and maps all enhance the retracing of Christianity's roots"

Joan,

I assume you are familiar with the print version of this magazine. The graphics are GORGEOUS and the many timelines are so well done. The old axiom "A picture is worth a thousand words" falls short in the case of this publication. It is hands-down the BEST thing Christianity Today ever printed. It would be incomplete without the graphics. IMO

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 38
Bill Fitch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2009 7:55 PM

All the issues of the first set are complete with pics etc.

Bill Fitch

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2009 3:46 AM

I am officially confused at this point, not hard to do.  Bill or Matthew, are you saying the Libronix version has graphics etc. pics, maps?

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2009 4:10 AM

One more thing.  This is what is printed on the prepub page:

Key Features Included in Each Issue

• Timelines
  • Excerpts and commentary on historical writings
  • Recommended resources for each issue
  • A “Did You Know?” column containing interesting facts and trivia
  • All Scripture references are linked to the Bibles in your digital library
  • The powerful search tools in your digital library help you find your way, pinpointing exactly what you need for your research projects.
  • Link Christian History & Biography to the rest of the reference works in your digital library, and explore what multiple reference works say about a single subject—all at once!

And in the sample pages, a timeline is included but it is in list form.  Nowhere-- illustrations, maps, graphics.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2009 7:20 AM

Joan,

I don't know. 

I hope it is fully graphic. I was thinking it would be a nice Christmas gift if it has all the pics, timelines and such.

I would really like to know.

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2009 7:26 AM
Update. When I first responded that there were no pictures, that was based on having updated to the new files. I just removed the updated files and reinstalled the older Logos 2.0 files. The older files do indeed have the pictures and timelines. So it would appear that in this case, the older is better than the newer. I would recommend keeping the older files for the first 50 or so volumes.
Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2009 7:28 AM
I wonder if there are other instances where some features (graphics) are lost with updated files?
Posts 2706
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2009 7:53 AM

Don:
The older files do indeed have the pictures and timelines. So it would appear that in this case, the older is better than the newer.

I don't get this, how can the older Logos 2.0 files be better than the present one, should it not be the other way round? I am still hoping we get the full works in the present edition but that may not be the case. Does anyone know the reason why Logos may choose not to include pix?

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 118
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 3:30 AM

This is really disappointing. The reason I ordered the update was the rich content of the first 50 issues.  I assumed the update would be of te same quality as the first 50 issues.  I too am considering canceling.

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 5:24 AM

I spoke with one of the sales representatives yesterday afternoon, and he confirmed that the pre-pub of CH&B 1-99 should replicate the content available in the print magazine.  If you have questions, I would call and talk to them directly.

Posts 518
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:27 AM

I too have the older Logos 2.1 version of the Christian History resource, and I can tell you this, without the pictures, graphics and timelines the usefullness of this product has bee cut by more than half for me. I was apalled to fine my "updated" files gutted of the features that i have come to love. Perhaps the publisher has put this restraint on Logos, But I hope that Logos can go to bat for us on this one.

Bobby 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:44 AM

Daniel Lee:

I spoke with one of the sales representatives yesterday afternoon, and he confirmed that the pre-pub of CH&B 1-99 should replicate the content available in the print magazine.  If you have questions, I would call and talk to them directly.

I agree it should ,  but will it?

It would be nice to know for sure. I would rather wait 6 more months to have the "whole enchilada."

Page 1 of 3 (42 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS