Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 41 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:56 AM

I too called sales yesterday and discussed this with them.  He told me that he could not say for 100% but that all of the similiar products have always retained the pictures.  It was his assumption that the new product would also have the pictures.  (I must admit it set me on my heels when he said, "no one knows for sure."  I responded that someone MUST know since the product is nearly completed.  His reply was that, "Well yes but whoever that is works in a different part of the building."  Uh.   Yeah.)

Posts 9
BryanP | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 11:34 AM

Hello,

Can anyone tell me a specific volume and section that contains some graphics?

Thanks,

Posts 518
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 11:58 AM

If you're talking about the original Christian History product, they all had the complete magazine content with all the pictures, graphics and timelines included. If you're talking about the "New Updated" product all you get is the text with out the graphics and timelines the text is referring to. I noticed the "new" time line is a list of events listed in chronological order. It's helpful but nowhere the same as before.

Bobby

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 12:41 PM

Here are some side by side comparisons of the old and new files. I realize it is very small.

• The "about this resource" pages are the same. No new search features available over the old file.
  • The old file shows the magazine cover.
  • The old file has the timeline in a chart. The new file has the timeline as a list.
  • The old file includes pictures. The new file does not.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 12:45 PM

Based on my conversation yesterday with Logos I will keep my prepub because I was told that the pictures should be there.  BUT if the pictures and graphics are gone it will be a FOR SURE return on my part for a refund.

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 2:48 PM

Randy,

I agree and am keeping it but, I must admit my ignorance here, is there a way to return and get a refund for a download?  I've been a Logos user for over 7 years and cannot find it on the website.

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 18 2009 4:10 PM

I am unsure of downloads but it must work the same as a CD.  I told the salesperson that I would return the product if it didn't have the images.  He replied that there was never any problem returning anything to Logos if you were unhappy.  Maybe there is someone on the forum that knows this to be ture for sure...

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 19 2009 2:49 AM

I did find this on the Logos website, Mission statement:

First-Class Service

All of us here at Logos want to provide you with first-class products and service. If we fail to exceed your expectations, please contact me so we can make it right.

Bob Pritchett
President/CEO

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 19 2009 12:44 PM

Randy Hartman:

Sounds like we need someone from Logos to clarify this!?

Here’s the official word on Christian History and Biography Magazine:

Issues 1–8 and 10–51 will include all of the original images that were in the LLS product. We’re in the process of rebuilding the files and should have the new files with images available by the end of the week.

Issues 9 and 52–99 will be text only and will not include any images. The copyright holder does not have sublicensing rights for the images that they used, so we are unfortunately not able to include them.

We apologize for the confusion and are grateful for your feedback.

Posts 1134
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 19 2009 12:54 PM

Thanks, Phil, for a definitive answer.

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 19 2009 2:16 PM
Thanks Logos!
Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 19 2009 9:47 PM

Phil Gons:

Issues 1–8 and 10–51 will include all of the original images that were in the LLS product. We’re in the process of rebuilding the files and should have the new files with images available by the end of the week.

Having only half the graphics is like a hot fudge sundae without the whipped cream and cherry.

Phil Gons:
Issues 9 and 52–99 will be text only and will not include any images. The copyright holder does not have sublicensing rights for the images that they used, so we are unfortunately not able to include them.

It still tastes good but it's just not the same.  Sad

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2009 10:23 AM

I've been weighing the option of simply accessing the magazines material online (for a subscription fee a fraction of the pre-pub price, but also without ANY graphics), but have decided to keep my pre-pub order. For a buck an issue, it's a very valuable resource to have 24/7 access to. And, face it, while the graphics are nice, it's more a matter of steak without steak sauce than a dessert without the toppings, if we are going to use analogies. The "meat" of any resource is the words that we can explore, "digest" and share. 

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:43 AM

Steve Robinson:
And, face it, while the graphics are nice, it's more a matter of steak without steak sauce than a dessert without the toppings, if we are going to use analogies. The "meat" of any resource is the words that we can explore, "digest" and share. 

For most of us that's true. I do have a few chidren that are visual learners. But I already bought all the back issues in print when they offered it years ago. The Logos version will be used as a teacher's resource.in my home. Therefore the text only will get the job done. It would not be that big of a deal if their graphics had been average. They just did an unusally good job in that magazine. My disappointment is I was hoping to give some as Christmas gifts. Now it is kind of like mismatched linens.  

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 273
Brad Fry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2009 12:08 PM

Wouldn't it be proper to include this information on the pre-pub for this product?

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 20 2009 6:18 PM

Sadly, I canceled my order with the revelation of half the pictures missing....

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2009 11:09 AM

my apologies for essentially reposting this as a "new" topic today.  Hadn't seen this thread.

I guess I will keep my "new" set of CH mag, but I am very very disappointed.  I like graphics and using them to both learn and teach.  Whether it is a picture or a time-line, I want them included.  I understand about "sub-licensing" restrictions and all, but you gotta think SOMETHING could be done.  too often people don't know the answer or hit a wall and just stop.

Please don't let that be the case here.  loved the "Sundae" images, btw.  Didn't need to read the content to know what you meant . . . . wink wink.  :)

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2009 9:10 AM

Phil Gons:

Here’s the official word on Christian History and Biography Magazine:

We apologize for the confusion and are grateful for your feedback.

Is this being pursued any further or is that the end of the line.  I love the CH&B magazine's archives but I'm hoping that the graphics do arrive in the future!

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2009 10:04 AM
still confused.. am I the only one that does not have page numbers on the "new" CHM.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2009 10:54 AM

Sad to say, you're not alone.  No page numbering in CHM.  Sad

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS