latest update doesn't work

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 641
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 30 2012 6:59 PM

Anyone else getting this? I had an update, and upon clicking on the wee icon, I get an error message saying "the installation of Logos Bible software 5 did not succeed" --- this is devastating!   :-)

Also, I notice now that each time I start up Logos, I have this little window / message that says *error* - yes / no* .... clicking on the yes gives me the same error message given above. This is exciting since the Logos team has now all gone home to their Lazy Boys!!!

Posts 392
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:21 PM

I received that message when updating to Logos 5a SR-1 yesterday

Called tech support and in 10 minutes was up and running.

That does not help you now, but I believe you will get a quick resolution

Posts 641
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 30 2012 7:27 PM

Come Monday, correct?  :-}

Posts 16770
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 30 2012 11:43 PM

Bootjack:

Anyone else getting this? I had an update, and upon clicking on the wee icon, I get an error message saying "the installation of Logos Bible software 5 did not succeed" --- this is devastating!   :-)

Also, I notice now that each time I start up Logos, I have this little window / message that says *error* - yes / no* .... clicking on the yes gives me the same error message given above. This is exciting since the Logos team has now all gone home to their Lazy Boys!!!

Try to install the update from the Upgrade link in your Order.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 641
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:45 AM

No order involved here Dave. This is just a program update. I've rebooted my system for other reasons, and now notice when I boot up Logos, the message is not there anymore regarding an update.

Also, there is nothing on the Logos homepage regarding any updates having been installed. Not sure what happened there but it appears the update whatever it was must have got flung over into the Bermuda Triangle.

Any idea as to what goes there (not the Bermuda Triangle) but with the update? :-)

Posts 16229
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:28 AM

Bootjack:
No order involved here Dave.

Dave's suggestion was for you to install a new copy of the L5 engine. Since the download link isn't currently publicly available, he suggested that you go to your "orders" page to acquire the correct download link. The link is dynamic… you will not download an old version of the app… it is always current.

OSX 10.10 | iOS 8 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 641
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:42 AM

Understood. I was thinking Dave was referring to some recent order i.e. Books but not the Logos program itself.

Why would it be that the update is not showing itself at all now as previous the reboot?

Posts 16229
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:54 AM

Bootjack:
Why would it be that the update is not showing itself at all now as previous the reboot?

I don't know. Bermuda Triangle? Smile

If your installation of Logos doesn't say 5.0a Service Release 1 (5.0.1.0241), download the engine installer by using the link on your orders page. Otherwise, you are good to go (for the time being at least).

Patrick S. posted a screenshot of the link in THIS POST.

OSX 10.10 | iOS 8 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 641
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 5:00 AM

Bermuda Triangle = where the original update must have been flung last evening.  :-)

I just installed a new copy and it is as you said regarding the latest update i.e.

Logos Bible Software 5.0a SR-1 (5.0.1.0241)

I wish I had checked the version before I did the download to see if something did take place to update it but whatever - it's updated now. Appreciate the instructions.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS