L5 Crashes After Sign-in Screen

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 60
Bruce | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 1 2012 12:50 AM

Can one of you computer wizards out there help me figure out what is going wrong: After successfully upgrading from L4 to L5 on my laptop, I attempted to do the same on my desktop. All seemed to go well until I got to the sign in screen. I went to log in as I normally do and within a few seconds Logos crashes. I rebooted the computer with the same result. I have attached the crash logs to help trouble shoot this. Thanks in advance for y'all's help! Smile

1452.LogosError.log

3108.LogosCrash.txt

Posts 9085
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:49 AM

Hi Bruce

It looks like a version mismatch.

It is complaining that you have databases which are at a later version than the code you are running and - from the logs - you are running 5.0 SR2 whereas the latest version is 5.0a SR1

What version are you running on your laptop?

However, if that is the problem I don't know how to advise you to address it without a link to the Logos 5 setup program which isn't currently available

Hopefully someone else will have some suggestions about this.

Graham

Posts 60
Bruce | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:23 AM

Graham: Thx for the input.

On my laptop I have 5.0a SR-1 (5.0.1.0241) . When L5 went live, I happened to download the link to the upgrade and installed it before it was pulled and not knowing it was posted too soon. I plan to upgrade soon, but have just not figured out which resources I really want (need?). I simply used that L5 link again for my desktop not realizing that it would install the older version? 

Does anyone know if there is a work around and/or a solution to this? Thx again folks!

Posts 9085
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 3:28 AM

Hi Bruce

Glad we have clarified the issue

In a thread looking at something similar Bradley pointed the user to the download link which should be available in either an email or on your orders page.

See http://community.logos.com/forums/p/60476/429554.aspx#429554 for details

Do either of these provide you a link to allow you to download the latest version?

Graham 

Posts 60
Bruce | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:24 AM

Well, I have been able to keep the laptop updated as it automatically updates through the update channel within the program. However, I do not have the official link yet, as I only have the "free engine" which was not officially released (I am just in a time zone that found the L5 link early and before it was pulled). But I was not quick enough to get my desktop updated too before L5a came out (I do most of my work on a laptop). 

So, unless we have a very kindhearted Logos rep out there who would e-mail me the link anyway .... I think I may be stuck in getting the desktop updated: wait for awhile or upgrade soon! Decisions, decisions. 

Thx Graham for the link .... I will hope for divine intervention so I can put off the expenditure decision for a bit. Wink

Posts 9085
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:38 AM

Hi Bruce

Bruce:
So, unless we have a very kindhearted Logos rep out there who would e-mail me the link anyway .... I think I may be stuck in getting the desktop updated: wait for awhile or upgrade soon! Decisions, decisions.

Yes, I can't think of anything else I can suggest - need to see if someone from Logos picks up on this, but bear in mind it is the weekend and, hopefully, most of them will be taking some time off!

Graham

Posts 695
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:39 AM

Bruce:

Graham: Thx for the input.

On my laptop I have 5.0a SR-1 (5.0.1.0241) . When L5 went live, I happened to download the link to the upgrade and installed it before it was pulled and not knowing it was posted too soon. I plan to upgrade soon, but have just not figured out which resources I really want (need?). I simply used that L5 link again for my desktop not realizing that it would install the older version? 

Does anyone know if there is a work around and/or a solution to this? Thx again folks!

As Graham mentioned go to your Logos account and choose orders, you will see something like this (I have blanked out my order number detail obviously) click on the ORDER NUMBER, not the description...

then you will see a screen which will look like this, click the relevant download button link for your platform.

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 695
Patrick S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:43 AM

Bruce:

Well, I have been able to keep the laptop updated as it automatically updates through the update channel within the program. However, I do not have the official link yet, as I only have the "free engine" which was not officially released (I am just in a time zone that found the L5 link early and before it was pulled). But I was not quick enough to get my desktop updated too before L5a came out (I do most of my work on a laptop). 

Thx Graham for the link .... I will hope for divine intervention so I can put off the expenditure decision for a bit. Wink

Ahhhh...... I see.

OK you're a bit stuck. Taking another tack... can we suggest / recommend that you buy the Minimal Crossgrade, you will find it very well worth it and it will give you access to features which really make Logos 5 worthwhile. It is good value (and I don't work for Logos!).

"I want to know all God's thoughts; the rest are just details." - Albert Einstein

Posts 5337
Forum MVP
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 6:30 AM

Bruce:

First let me say that I do encourage the official upgrade. I'm really liking L5.

But short of that here's steps that should get you up to date.

On your Laptop open the folder C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Logos4\Install\Installers

Find LogosPrerequisites.msi and Logos.msi. Transfer them to that folder on your desktop and run them in that order.

Posts 1727
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 11:09 AM

Bruce:

I sent you an email with some instructions and troubleshooting steps to try.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 60
Bruce | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 1 2012 2:54 PM

Thank you, Hunter. You folks at Logos are absolutely amazing! Your instructions worked perfectly and all is well.  Yes

Y’all at Logos go the extra mile even when you don’t have to. It was my problem that I jumped the gun and installed L5 engine before it was fully released. Logos, by all rights, could have simply suggested that I upgrade. But, instead you still provided excellent customer support, and over a weekend to boot! Smile

I have been torn between upgrading to diamond as there are many resources that I would really like, or simply buying the cross grade. It is this kind of service that may very well encourage my decision to spend the extra money!  Wink

Again, thank you, Hunter, and the folks at Logos! May our Father continue to bless you and your work! 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS