Date/Time Stamp

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 32
CB | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:16 AM

Does anyone know how to easily create a (current) Date/Time Stamp that can be inserted at the beginning of a Note in either a Windows 7 or 8 OS?  Gracias (which means "Thanks" for you Navy-types! Cool)

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:49 AM

One way is to (once) go to http://www.worldtimeserver.com, find your time zone and bookmark that page. Then whenever you want a current Date/Time Stamp, jump to that page and copy/paste the time/date from there.

Another way is to open Windows Notepad, press F5 which inserts the current date/time stamp, and then copy/paste that.

Posts 27441
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:51 AM

Are you wanting to add a Date/Time stamp in an L5 note? Are you asking if there is an OS feature in win7/win8 to do this? It's an interesting question… I'll let the win drones users step in here now. Stick out tongue

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:31 AM

Or you can use the freeware program PhraseExpress which will enable you to insert current date/time stamp anywhere quickly with a hotkey. I agree it should be built into the OS, but that's the nature of Windows. Everything that should be built into the OS is probably available as a simple free utility program someone has thought of writing, even things you never dreamed you might need.

Posts 32
CB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:18 AM

Thank you, Rosie.  I will see if this works out for me.  I should have added that I use L5.

Posts 32
CB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:21 AM

Sorry, I use L5.  Yes, having it as an Windows 7 or 8 OS feature would be ideal although I doubt it.  Have been keeping my eyes out for those Win Drones!  Thanks.

Posts 32
CB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:22 AM

Thank you again, Rosie.  This suggestion is better for my purposes.  Blessings.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS