L5 Full Function Tablet

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 79
LogosEmployee
Jeff Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 26 2012 6:41 PM

If you don't mind the weight, Consider a covertable tablet such as the Fujitsu T 902 All the power. and battery life of a laptop that can also be a relatively inconspicuous tablet

Posts 177
Derek Browning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 11:51 AM

Dr. Clint Cozier:

I'm using an Lenovo Twist which I've come to really like.

I've been considering this one.  I'm curious how yours has held up since Dec 12?  Would you still recommend it?

I was hoping to hold out until mid 2013 for another generation of tablets to give us a processor better than the Atom, with longer battery power...but it's not looking hopeful right now.

Any reco's would be welcomed.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 12:34 PM

Derek Browning:

My unrealistic expectations:

- Full L5 functionality (Everything I can do on my Windows 7 Laptop)

My, my, how spoiled we've become.  I remember when Compac first came out with a portable computer which was much like a sewing machine in size—case and all.  Today we want to be able to hold it in our hand.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2766
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 12:48 PM

Dan:

A MacBook Air meets all your expectations except for price.

Except for that tablet thing.

Posts 1738
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 3:33 PM

George misses the days when people walked to school and transportation advancement was a horse and buggy.  (Just joshin a little)Smile

Posts 1738
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 3:36 PM

Jeff, I thought I would buy several of these: one for myself and a few to give away to friends.

I mean they are only $2300...a real steal, huh?

(p.s....I am joshin with ya)Smile

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 3:43 PM

Joshua Lieder:

George misses the days when people walked to school and transportation advancement was a horse and buggy.  (Just joshin a little)Smile

I actually did walk 3 mi each way to high school.  I was teasing my mother once and said that she had been around from horse and buggy days until landing on the moon to which she replied that she did go to school on the back of a wagon.

BTW:  When I was in H.S. I remember the principal stating in assembly once that the H.S. had never been closed because of weather.  Now that many of the kids get bused to school, it's not all that uncommon for the school to be shut for snow.  When I was in VA I went to lunch one day and got a take-out so I could listen to the radio and noticed a few snowflakes falling at which point it was announced that school would be closed early—wimps.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 3:48 PM

Joshua Lieder:

Jeff, I thought I would buy several of these: one for myself and a few to give away to friends.

I mean they are only $2300...a real steal, huh?

(p.s....I am joshin with ya)Smile

Joshin with Josh?  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

Posts 1084
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 12:51 AM

Hello Derek

http://www.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-tablet-2/4540-3121_7-35411720-4.html

This link has the for the Lenovo at cnet. it may be good  to check.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 3703
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 2:19 AM

Dr. Clint Cozier:

I'm using an Lenovo Twist which I've come to really like. Its more laptop than tablet, but as a laptop its a very solid ultrabook. Pivot the screen around and its a very usable tablet. Doesn't get the battery life you're looking for (I get about 5 hours under "normal" use), but that's all I got out of the MBP it replaced. I think Staples was selling it for $799 on Black Friday, you might see that as "the" pricepoint after Christmas. I love it....your mileage may vary.

This echoes my experience with the Lenova Twist.  I see slightly less battery life, but am almost always using WiFi.  I wish the touch screen used the older "pen" type stylus.  Good choice for running L5.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3703
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 2:31 AM

Lee Garrison:

Hello Derek

http://www.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-tablet-2/4540-3121_7-35411720-4.html

This link has the for the Lenovo at cnet. it may be good  to check.

Here is the CNET review of the Lenova Twist:

http://www.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-thinkpad-twist/4505-3121_7-35477956.html

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1738
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 8:23 PM

All of this sounds like a pass to me

"The screen accelerometer can have a mind of its own, flipping into portrait view randomly. Battery life is merely OK, and the screen resolution is low for a modern laptop/tablet convertible."

To be fair, most of the tablets suffer with similar issues.

Sigh....one day my desired Logos 5.0 Tablet will come O Lord....but I believe you may come back first though.

Hooray!

Posts 11081
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 11 2013 8:39 PM

I'm sticking with my Lenovo x220 i7 tablet . Dual extended batteries. Logosian5 almost running off of memory. Finger scrolling 96 (count 'em) resources in real time. And 12 hours later, still screen-bright and cpu-sassy. They didn't make ToolTime for Babes for nothing.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 98
David Saylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2013 7:20 AM

Check out this thread too. It's about running Logos 5 on an Asus Win 8 tablet...

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/73755.aspx

Posts 79
LogosEmployee
Jeff Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 5:51 PM

I just got a Surface Pro 2 and so far, it's proving to be a pretty cool Logos device.

Posts 230
Claybon Collins Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 30 2013 6:21 PM

I've had my Surface Pro 2 for over a month and it is just what I wanted.  It does everything my desktop does with L5.....love it!!

Posts 1
Patrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2014 6:12 PM

Just got my Surface Pro 2. Everything is great so far.

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS