Remember the videos in Libronix that were coming to Logos 4?

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 36 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:05 PM

Thanks Beth:

that's what I am seeing too, option to download to mobile but nothing obvious re download to my laptop.

DaveJ

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2013 7:39 AM

I'm sorry. I was out of the office all of last week. The menu to download videos is in the panel video. Click on the resource image in the top left corner of the window. Near the bottom of the menu you should see options related to downloading videos. Unfortunately I'm not able to post an image right now but maybe somebody else will be able to post something.

Ryan

Posts 28906
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2013 8:35 AM

Ryan Gano:
The menu to download videos is in the panel video. Click on the resource image in the top left corner of the window. Near the bottom of the menu you should see options related to downloading videos

I wasn't able to find it… is this PC only?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2013 6:27 PM

Possibly looking in the wrong place but I do not see any menu option to download to my PC on the menu which appears when I click on the resouce image (Greatest Book Video Series) Logos 5.0b SR-2 (5.0.2.0743)

Posts 28906
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 6:54 PM

David J. Wilson:
Possibly looking in the wrong place but I do not see any menu option to download to my PC on the menu which appears when I click on the resouce image

I believe this feature just became available in the latest beta, released today. Ryan must have been using internal builds when he told us how to download them. Notice the second to last item in the menu below… if it was there in the last build, I couldn't find it. 

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 7:21 PM

Thanks alabama24: was beginning thing it only applied to certain videos...

Glad to see it is under development for all of them.

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 8:08 AM

alabama24:

I believe this feature just became available in the latest beta, released today. Ryan must have been using internal builds when he told us how to download them. Notice the second to last item in the menu below… if it was there in the last build, I couldn't find it. 

Ryan Gano:
In Windows 7/8 the resources can be downloaded for later offline playback. On the Mac we do not support offline playback though we are investigating that support for audio resources so it might be possible to support it for videos soon.

Downloading for offline use is new for the Mac but exists in the shipping build (with the word 'videos' instead of 'media') in Windows 7/8.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 9:32 AM

So as I understand it the reason I do not have this option available is that I am using Windows Vista 64 bit and for some reason not yet stated Logos have not made that option available for Vista ?

Is there an intent to make it available for Vista computers ?

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 9:40 AM

David J. Wilson:
So as I understand it the reason I do not have this option available is that I am using Windows Vista 64 bit and for some reason not yet stated Logos have not made that option available for Vista ?

Your understanding is correct. Our playback mechanism is different between Windows XP/Vista and Windows 7/8. One mechanism allows videos to be cached locally during playback and one does not. It's possible that we could add local playback (download for offline playback) now that some of the work has been done to allow this on the mac. At this point I've not heard of any intent to allow this for XP/Vista but I will make sure your request is noted.

Ryan

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 10:00 AM

Thanks Ryan: Otherwise it will mean a hardware upgrade and cannot afford that right now (would prefer to keep buying books).

Posts 38
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 10:05 AM

I run Logos 5 on Win7 and I see the download option there.  I also run Logos 5 on a MacBook Pro with all software updates current.  At this time, I do not see the download option on the Mac, but see your comment about work that has been done for the Mac. So, I assume that means it will eventually be available?

Thanks,

Beth

Posts 28906
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 10:11 AM

Beth:
At this time, I do not see the download option on the Mac, but see your comment about work that has been done for the Mac. So, I assume that means it will eventually be available?

If you look through my posts above, you will see a screen shot. It is currently available in beta, and will be available for all Mac users when the next version ships.

Posts 38
Beth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 10:23 AM

Thank you!  I should have looked at the previous posts more closely! 

Beth

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 10:42 AM

How can I determine what videos I have in my library? I am on Logos 5 latest and Windows 7 x64. I tried reading through this thread but I can't tell what I have and don't have that might be in video format.

Thank you for your help!

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 10:49 AM

Trying "tag:video" seems to work for the few that I have.

Also, 'type:"Media Collection"' includes videos and other media formats.

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 3:07 PM

Ryan Gano:

David J. Wilson:

Your understanding is correct. Our playback mechanism is different between Windows XP/Vista and Windows 7/8. One mechanism allows videos to be cached locally during playback and one does not. It's possible that we could add local playback (download for offline playback) now that some of the work has been done to allow this on the mac. At this point I've not heard of any intent to allow this for XP/Vista but I will make sure your request is noted.

This option will be added for Windows Vista and XP in 4.6c Beta 5 and in 5.1 Beta 5 for beta testers, and in general when 4.6c and 5.1 ship to the stable channel.

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 5:24 PM

Sounds good.

Many thanks

Page 2 of 2 (37 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS