12 Days of Christmas 2012

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 483
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 4 2012 6:00 AM

I have a question, will the sales last for the full 12 days?  If I see a product on sale do I have to purchase it that day or will it be available for the full 12 days.  The IVP Reference Collection looks enticing.

Posts 27552
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 6:26 AM

I don't know, but yesterday was day 1. You might want to grab it.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10116
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 6:33 AM

Even if it's only for the first HOUR of the first DAY, you should get it! I waited several YEARS and that was a big mistake. Very useful and good scholarship. Tends toward the conservative side but still pretty balanced.

Earlier this year, I found the same collection on the internet for about the same price as this ... the chances of finding these type of deals is harder and harder.

Posts 172
CL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:00 AM

I'm almost positive these deals will remain available until the completion of the Christmas sale. I second DMB's recommendation. The IVP Collection at this price is a steal. Anybody that has the money and wants some nice reference sources should go ahead with this one.

Personally, I'm hoping for a deep discount on the WBC. Does anybody recall the lowest they've seen it in the past? It is $300 or $400?

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:07 AM

It used to be that the prices would last for a day, but then on the 13th day all the prices would drop again and remain in effect throughout the Christmas season.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:09 AM

Michael Kinch:

I have a question, will the sales last for the full 12 days?  If I see a product on sale do I have to purchase it that day or will it be available for the full 12 days.  The IVP Reference Collection looks enticing.

In the past, all the sale items have been available through the duration of the sale, and for a week or so afterward.  That's not to say it will happen this way again, but that's what I recall from past sales, both Christmas sales and others, like March madness, etc.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:27 AM

Does it appear as through "Christmas Credit" is not going to be made available this year?  I can't remember whether it had been announced by this time last year?

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:07 AM

Michael Kinch:

The IVP Collection is a must for all Logos users.

Many have found it to be beneficial to wait until all 12 Days have been revealed to make their selections. There may be something that becomes available later that is a higher priority for you. That way you have not already commited your funds before you know what options will be available.

Posts 917
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:00 AM

Paul-C:

Does it appear as through "Christmas Credit" is not going to be made available this year?  I can't remember whether it had been announced by this time last year?

It's too early to say IMHO. Last year IIRC it was announced around about the second week of December (but applied retrospectively) so I would expect the same timing this year.

Even if they don't do the same promotion, I'm sure they will come up with something similar to empty our wallets (and fill our inboxes Big Smile)

EDIT - just found the blog post from last year  http://blog.logos.com/2011/12/the-logos-christmas-sale-begins-today/  and noted that the Christmas credit announcement was made on Dec 6 . Obviously I did not remember correctly! Embarrassed

Posts 27552
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:03 AM

Michael Kinch:
will the sales last for the full 12 days?

Since Logos hasn't chimed in… It appears so. In my screen shot, notice they have links to the older offers. By the way… HERE is the link to the sale.

Posts 112
T MacLeod | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:47 AM

CL:

Personally, I'm hoping for a deep discount on the WBC. Does anybody recall the lowest they've seen it in the past? It is $300 or $400?

I got it in December 2009 for $426, according to my order history.

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:55 AM

I got my copy of WBC from a 3rd party on Amazon for just under $300, but that was 4 years ago.  Couldn't pass on that price.

Posts 483
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:14 PM

DMB:

Even if it's only for the first HOUR of the first DAY, you should get it! I waited several YEARS and that was a big mistake. Very useful and good scholarship. Tends toward the conservative side but still pretty balanced.

Earlier this year, I found the same collection on the internet for about the same price as this ... the chances of finding these type of deals is harder and harder.

Thanks DMB, I did grab it this morning.  "Tends toward conservative." - all the more reason for me to buy it.  I am more conservative in my understanding of the scripture.  I see posts about third party products - do these work well with Logos?  I have seen a couple but tend to shy away from them.

Posts 483
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:17 PM

Travis Walter:

I got my copy of WBC from a 3rd party on Amazon for just under $300, but that was 4 years ago.  Couldn't pass on that price.

I saw one for $319 but I think I would prefer Logos products.  What do you think?

Posts 10116
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:28 PM

Michael ... 3rd party purchasing is the same as from Logos. Amazingly, just call up Logos with the serial number and they authorize it. The only issues might be 'less convenient' and make sure it indeed is a clean copy (not previously licensed).

This is one of the many good things about buying from Logos!

Posts 4761
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:29 PM

You have to ask youself if you will stop and go take a volume (or two or three) off the bookshelf and flip around to find what you want when you are studying a passage or theme. Compare that to making a few clicks and hotlinking to info.

Posts 483
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:14 PM

David Paul:

You have to ask youself if you will stop and go take a volume (or two or three) off the bookshelf and flip around to find what you want when you are studying a passage or theme. Compare that to making a few clicks and hotlinking to info.

David I was referring to software products compatible with Logos.

Posts 27552
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:41 PM

Michael Kinch:
David I was referring to software products compatible with Logos.

Over the years, Logos has changed is business practice about selling resources. At one time, some publishers and third party groups created and/or sold "Libronix" resources. Logos has since brought the process in house… maintaining a higher quality (in some cases) and offering the resources as digital downloads. If you find a Libronix CD, it will be the same "product" that Logos offers. Updates are provided by Logos. It is my understanding that there are old physical copies which the publishers are still allowed to sell, but they are not creating new copies. All things being equal, I would choose to buy from Logos… but if there are old discs lying around that the publishers (most often via 3rd parties) are allowed to sell… Why not take the discount?

I have made several small purchases by third party sellers… and one large one (WBC). The rest of my purchases have come directly from Logos. There are a few (but only a few) items left which would interest me 3rd party, but they are harder to find.

Posts 10116
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:42 PM

I've spent several years trying to think 'WHAT WOULD IT TAKE?" just to find a pristine, beautiful, plastic-smelling, and little red-box embossed copy of New Jerome's Commentary (or the original, that'd be ok too).  Probably one is hidden somewhere in a backroom box of a bookstore long forgotten (except by ME!).

I'd also want the Japanese/English interlinear too but that's an even worse long-shot.

Posts 476
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:59 PM

Well L has created a monopoly which may help quality, but it does not help price.  Why would I not buy the Libronix Disc?  Works just fine and if the resources are updated the .logos4 files are downloaded automatically.

Besides the more $ I save buying Libronix files the more I can spend on new Logos stuff right?

Page 1 of 3 (46 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS