Yesterday's Paper

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 133
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 1 2009 12:54 AM

I really like the homepage.  I have often found little tid bits that have interested me

My problem is that I take a glance earlier in the day, see something I like and think "I'll come back to that later."  By the time the kids are in bed, the dishes are done and I have done some overtime at work, I want to go back to the article I saw, but... alas it is after midnight and now the paper has changed.

This has happened to me on numerous occasions.

Could you add a way to go back say to any of the last 7 days' home pages?  That's just like my newspaper anyways.... after 7 days its in the recycling bin.

If I could add another request... If I wanted to bookmark a newspaper (say, save it for later viewing), that would be great too.  But this would be less important than simply having the ability to see a previous days' Home Page.

Posts 320
John Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 3:11 AM

Usually you can scroll back through the last several (4 or 5?) days. On the homepage you will see that it stores up to five pages and if you click on the Layouts it has the snapshots from previous days. I'm not sure if that works for you or not, but you could also try clicking on the resource you want to come back to and create a clipping of it and name the clipping file "To Read List" or something like that. This should only take a second so you can come back to it later.

perspectivelyspeaking.wordpress.com

Posts 133
Ryan Schatz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 7:35 AM

John Bowling:

Usually you can scroll back through the last several (4 or 5?) days. On the homepage you will see that it stores up to five pages and if you click on the Layouts it has the snapshots from previous days. I'm not sure if that works for you or not, but you could also try clicking on the resource you want to come back to and create a clipping of it and name the clipping file "To Read List" or something like that. This should only take a second so you can come back to it later.

Hi John,

Its interesting, but I've always treated the several pages as a single days paper, though there are some articles that are recycled.  A number of them are not.  For instance, if you move to the next page, the devotionals are not there, though you might see a previous blog entry.  The illustrations are always changed (I know that for sure).

Nevertheless, you have a great workaround suggestion to use a clippings file to "cut out" the articles I find interesting and store them for later reading.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 8:10 AM

that clippings thing is a good idea and you could also add a bookmark to the spot in the resource...or name a layout to match!

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS