TimeLine ?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 85
Armwood | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 6 2012 2:10 PM

Studying Mark 4 and in the  verse  1 it says that he (jesus) began again to teach by the sea side. My question is will one be able to look in the timeline and see how long Jesus have been in his public ministry at this point ?

Thanks

Armwood

Posts 4693
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:03 PM

Armwood:

Studying Mark 4 and in the  verse  1 it says that he (jesus) began again to teach by the sea side. My question is will one be able to look in the timeline and see how long Jesus have been in his public ministry at this point ?

Thanks

Hi Armwood

I don't think so. Trying to put specific dates to any of Jesus' teaching would be controversial, and the timeline is a date related resource.

One would be led to wonder for instance how many times it was that Jesus actually taught somewhere beside the sea.

And of these, possibly many, unrecorded instances which was the one recorded in Mark 4?

I think that the best we can do is say that at some point in his ministry Jesus taught beside the sea and that his teaching included that recorded in Mark 4.

The timeline couldn't give anything like an accurate estimate as to when in the ministry this particular event took place because nobody really knows.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS