Rest in Peace L3

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 1 2009 4:17 PM

What makes me so sad is that in the relatively near future L3 will be incompatible with Logos features/resources and the program I love now will be gone. Oh! to be able to hit the update button and feel the thrill agaub of software updates to L3 while all settings , resources , features, and functions are still in place!

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 4:18 PM

Shawn,

I don't believe that this is true...check the website.

People are currently using V2; people who refused to go to V3.... Stick out tongue

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:15 PM

Shawn Drewett:

What makes me so sad is that in the relatively near future L3 will be incompatible with Logos features/resources and the program I love now will be gone. Oh! to be able to hit the update button and feel the thrill agaub of software updates to L3 while all settings , resources , features, and functions are still in place!

Funny you should say that. I just updated L3 to 3.0g.

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:47 PM

Me too, but how long will be able to do this?

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:48 PM

Well, I hope you are right Robert. I'd like to keep it and receive updates on it. Not major ones of course but little tweeks as time goes on.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:55 PM

Shawn Drewett:

Me too, but how long will be able to do this?

One of the characteristics Logos values most as a company is customer satisfaction. Right now they know there are many users like yourself who still prefer L3. I believe they will continue to support L3, making sure it stays workable in coming windows platforms for quite some time. I certainly wouldn't expect to see new features included, but I would be surprised if, when IE9 comes out, L3 breaks without being fixed by Logos. At the same time I wouldn't expect much L3 action come 2013 either.

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 7:49 PM

Was this "tongue in cheek?":    Funny you should say that. I just updated L3 to 3.0g.

I see no mention at http://www.logos.com/Beta/Download

Steve F

Regards, SteveF

Posts 2872
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 7:53 PM

Stephen Filyer:

Was this "tongue in cheek?":    Funny you should say that. I just updated L3 to 3.0g.

I see no mention at http://www.logos.com/Beta/Download

No there is in fact a 3.0g update from 3.0f.  Go into L3 and hit the update function under tools.

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 7:55 PM

Thank you , Kevin

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 671
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:10 PM

I'm downloading it now.  Thanks for the heads up!

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:37 AM

Shawn Drewett:
but little tweeks as time goes on.

That might not happen....but I don't know....

I think the status is...you can still use it....but actively supporting it with new releases?

Not real sure on that...after all...v2 is frozen in time except with regards to books/resources.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 188
Kevin Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 6:52 AM

I must admit I still enjoy 3 and after all it was my introduction into Logos two years ago but.....  There is no seperation anxiety going on.  Not any more than I have for the Windows OS of times past...  Not mourning XP, 2000 or Vista now that I have Win 7. 

L4 is great and will just get better, nice to know that L3 will always be accessible though...

Logos 5, Windows & Android perfect together....

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS