New American Commentary - Psalms Forthcoming?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 798
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:16 PM

Amazon lists an NAC volume for Ps 90-150 (LINK), but no such volume appears amongst the included volumes of the Logos version.

Does anyone know if the Psalms are\will be covered, and if so, if Logos plans to release them?

Also, which new volumes were added to this series with the release of L4? (see bottom of upgrade chart)

Thanks
Richard

P.S. What is it with major commentary series omitting the Psalms? (NICOT)

Posts 8970
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:36 PM

Perhaps you also noticed that the volume was out of stock. Something is/was going on with that volume.There is an identically-titled volume with L. Russ Bush as author not Jerry Shepherd on the Barnes and Noble site. The Shepherd-authored volume was published in 2005 according to one web site, the Bush one in 2008. Neither is available. That may explain its absence from Logos.

Maybe the answer to the second question is lack of authors or size of task?? I imagine NICOT has an author or authors under contract for Psalms.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10288
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:36 PM

Richard Lyall:
What is it with major commentary series omitting the Psalms? (NICOT)

I don't know for sure, but perhaps it is still being written. Many (most?) commentary series are released over a period of time.

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 8970
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 6:41 PM

http://parablemania.ektopos.com/archives/2006/02/new_internation_1.html

Lists three authors for an upcoming volume on the Psalms.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2606
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2009 7:51 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Perhaps you also noticed that the volume was out of stock. Something is/was going on with that volume.There is an identically-titled volume with L. Russ Bush as author not Jerry Shepherd on the Barnes and Noble site. The Shepherd-authored volume was published in 2005 according to one web site, the Bush one in 2008. Neither is available. That may explain its absence from Logos.

Maybe the answer to the second question is lack of authors or size of task?? I imagine NICOT has an author or authors under contract for Psalms.

If they are waiting on Dr. Bush to finish it, they will have to wait a long time. He passed away a couple of years ago. Was a brilliant man and the academic dean at my alma mater (Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary).

Posts 798
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 7:18 AM

It seems that Psalms volumes are forthcoming for both NICOT and NAC series, following the link in Mark's post.

Posts 8970
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 7:46 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
If they are waiting on Dr. Bush to finish it, they will have to wait a long time. He passed away a couple of years ago.

You know I should have remembered that. I had Dr. Bush for Introduction to Philosophy of Religion at SWBTS in the 70's. A brilliant guy.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2606
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2009 7:29 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Kevin A. Purcell:
If they are waiting on Dr. Bush to finish it, they will have to wait a long time. He passed away a couple of years ago.

You know I should have remembered that. I had Dr. Bush for Introduction to Philosophy of Religion at SWBTS in the 70's. A brilliant guy.

Yep, our loss is heaven's gain.

Posts 11
Jai Reid | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 5 2018 11:41 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I thought it might be good to add this link that explains the publishing plan.

They basically state that the first volume of Psalms was supposed to come out in 2015 and the last volume in 2017, but based on the book now in pre-pub on Logos, the last volume is coming out before the first:

http://www2.bhpublishinggroup.com/connect/faq2.asp - click on "When will the NAC be complete?"

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS