Other Group Members Can't Go On-Air

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 41
Rick Goettsche | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 8 2012 10:45 AM

So, this morning I purchased an on-air license for our church for Proclaim. I am able to go on-air without issue from my computer (so it seems, although there is still a "purchase on-air license" option in my user account menu), but our senior pastor cannot go on-air while logged into his account. I am baffled by the licensing system, but I think both he and I are members of the same group. My assumption was that anyone who is in that group should have the ability to go on-air--but maybe that's wrong. To be honest, I'm more than a little frustrated by the whole process, and would love someone to point out what I'm missing.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:49 PM

You will want to be sure that all of your collaborators are signed into the same group that you purchased the On-Air license for. The Purchase On-Air license menu item will remain, in case you wanted to extend your license before the current one expires.

On-Air licenses only extend to the same group under which you purchased that license.

After reviewing your account it appears that everything should be correctly licensed.

Let me know in this thread if you have further trouble with that. 

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS