Bug when linking to a note file from MS Word

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 178
DavidS | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:43 PM

I am using MS Office 2010 Standard. I have tried to link to a note file in L5 from Word.

I copy the URL from the note file.

I paste it into a word doc. I used the URL from L5 as the text then added the same URL as the Hyperlink. 

Then I Ctrl Click on it with the following results. I get a new untitled note file not the file the URL came from. Also I get a new window opened in my web browser Firefox.

This seems to be a Bug. Others have replicated it.

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/61896/438467.aspx#438467

Posts 4594
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 4:15 PM

I concur!      *smile*             This seems indeed to be a "bug"!                Peace to all!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:48 AM

I am unable to reproduce this issue using Windows 5.0a SR-3 and Word 2007. What Logos build are you testing this on?

Milford, 

Are you also using Word 2010?

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:06 PM

I would love "drag-and-drop" for hyperlinks in Notes :)

Posts 4594
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 11 2013 7:47 AM

Brisa Calderon:

I am unable to reproduce this issue using Windows 5.0a SR-3 and Word 2007. What Logos build are you testing this on?

Milford, 

Are you also using Word 2010?

Peace to you, Brisa!                This is a case of "too little, too late"!!!          *smile*

Somehow I missed this post of yours way back when ....            I'm sorry and apologise if my lack of response at that time caused you any difficulty whatsoever.  I probably should not be responding now, but for the sake of completeness I am doing that very thing ....

I DID HAVE Word 2010 at the time.  However, that has been upgraded now on my computer to Word 2013.     I am quite aware, of course, that one of these fine days our Good and Gracious Lord is going to "update" me!          *smile*                    But, since as of this morning I have not been "translated" into the Kingdom of Heaven I wish you a fine and blessed day.                      Indeed!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS