Using the Memorization Tool for Passages

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Will Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 9 2012 9:04 AM

Hey Everyone:

I am curious to see if anyone has been playing with the memorization tool specifically for memorizing extended passages.  It really seems made for memorizing individual verses, which is a disappointment.  Maybe I am just not using it right.  I couldn't find anything help online.  Is it probably best to do a new passage list for every passage I would like to memorize?  So a separate passage list for 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and a new passage list for another passage?  Otherwise if I were to complete one passage list with multiple references it would seem to mix them up, is this correct? 

I would love to see some examples or screenshots if anyone has gotten into the mem tool.  Or a video?  

Thanks!

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 12:26 PM

I have not done much with this feature, but from what I have seen so far, you are correct about it's function. 

Posts 4
Gil Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 12:29 PM

I have tried the memorization tool, and I like the way it works. I have always had trouble memorizing things, but the tool does make it a little easier and helps to make sure that I do a thorough job.

It could be made better, and one way would be to allow several verses to be included as a memorization unit. I would also like to see some way the user would not have to enter a complete world to show that he knows what the word is. It could allow each word to be answered with its first letter for example. To have options like this would make the tool more useful.

Posts 5496
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 12:29 PM

Will Turner:

Hey Everyone:

I am curious to see if anyone has been playing with the memorization tool specifically for memorizing extended passages.  It really seems made for memorizing individual verses, which is a disappointment.  Maybe I am just not using it right.  I couldn't find anything help online.  Is it probably best to do a new passage list for every passage I would like to memorize?  So a separate passage list for 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and a new passage list for another passage?  Otherwise if I were to complete one passage list with multiple references it would seem to mix them up, is this correct? 

I would love to see some examples or screenshots if anyone has gotten into the mem tool.  Or a video?  

Thanks!

I don't believe it mixes them up when you practice but it does when it test you on them.  So if you added 1 Tim 3:1-13 as separate verses they would be mixed up when you tested on it, but not while you learnt them.  I'd like to see the option of choosing whether testing is random or in order.

Posts 173
Eleanor Emmott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 1:47 PM

I have made a uservoice suggestion with some of these ideas.  Please feel free to comment and vote for it.

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-5/suggestions/3401493-improve-memorization-tool

Posts 5496
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:05 PM

Eleanor Emmott:

I have made a uservoice suggestion with some of these ideas.  Please feel free to comment and vote for it.

http://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-5/suggestions/3401493-improve-memorization-tool

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS