Text Comparison in Logos 5 missing option to show difference

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9
Jay Rubin | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 9 2012 1:49 PM

Just installed Logos 5 on Windows 7 Professional (64 bit).  There is nothing showing that allows me to have the text comparison highlight or show the differences as I have seen on various videos.

Posts 580
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 1:54 PM

Jay Rubin:
text comparison highlight or show the differences

This is accessed via Tools - Text Comparison...

Select the text to compare in the first mini window and the versions in the second. Use commas to separate the Bibles.

The comparison options are configured from the tab at the top left of the screen.

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 9662
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 1:54 PM

Hi Jay - and welcome to the forums.

Jay Rubin:

Just installed Logos 5 on Windows 7 Professional (64 bit).  There is nothing showing that allows me to have the text comparison highlight or show the differences as I have seen on various videos.

Are you doing the comparison from the Tool menu or by pressing F7?

There were some issues when using F7 in the past, but I'm afraid I can't find the relevant thread at the moment.

Graham

Posts 444
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:16 PM

Jay Rubin:

Is this what you are looking for?

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9.2, 2.8 GHz Intel i7, 8GB

5.2a SR-1

Posts 16415
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:32 PM

Jay Rubin:

What L5 Base Package do you have (or Crossgrade). It wasn't available below L4 Original Languages package and I'm guessing won't be in L5 Starter or L5 Crossgrade.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 13039
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:49 PM

Graham Owen:
Select the text to compare in the first mini window and the versions in the second. Use commas to separate the Bibles.

Personally compare a Bible and a Collection (manually added yellow highlighting to screen shot for four sets of comparisons):

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9
Jay Rubin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 4:16 PM

I have the starter package with an add on for some features

Posts 9
Jay Rubin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 4:16 PM

Yes. My screen is missing those options.

Posts 9
Jay Rubin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 4:20 PM

Mine is missing what you have circeld

Posts 444
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:20 PM

Jay Rubin:

Mine is missing what you have circeld

Jay, are you using F7 to bring up text comparison?  If so, it will not show the two "A" on the top right of text comparison (at least on Mac).   Select text comparison from the tool menu and set how you want it to display.  Then when you use F7 it will show the differences in the text.

However, if selecting text comparison from the tool menu is what you are doing and you do not see the two "A" (selecting either or both "A" give you the options for seeing the text differences)  in the top right corner... I'd give a call to Tech Support.

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9.2, 2.8 GHz Intel i7, 8GB

5.2a SR-1

Posts 9
Jay Rubin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:27 PM

No. I was not aware of F7. The screen below is a result of the menu selection. F7 does nothing.

Posts 13039
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:35 PM

Jay Rubin:
The screen below is a result of the menu selection.

The forum editor has a paper clip, which is useful for attaching images.

Jay Rubin:

I have the starter package with an add on for some features

Suggest contacting Logos =>  http://www.logos.com/contact to inquire what is needed for Text Comparison.  Personally have a base package that includes Text Comparison (plus much more).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9
Jay Rubin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:55 PM

I will call them in morning. Thanks.

Posts 4
Randy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 8:27 AM

That is what I'm looking for. I have the base package but can I buy a specific thing to get these options without getting another package?

Posts 9662
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:11 AM

Hi Mandy - and welcome to the forums

Randy Jones:

That is what I'm looking for. I have the base package but can I buy a specific thing to get these options without getting another package?

Can you be a bit more specific please?

• What exactly are you looking for?
  • What base package do you have?

Graham

Posts 4
Randy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:21 AM

I was replying to Anon's post on Dec 9th. He pointed out what I was looking for. 

Posts 9662
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:29 AM

Randy Jones:
I was replying to Anon's post on Dec 9th. He pointed out what I was looking for. 

Sorry.

So have all your questions been answered? You seemed to be wanting to know how you could obtain some particular functionality in this area.

If everything is sorted, that's fine.Smile

Posts 4
Randy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:38 AM

Not yet. My text comparison doesn't show the differences is there a way to get this feature without getting an entire package?

Posts 9662
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:57 AM

Randy Jones:

Not yet. My text comparison doesn't show the differences is there a way to get this feature without getting an entire package?

What package do you currently have?

Posts 4
Randy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 10:17 AM

the starter 

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS