What country are you from?

Page 1 of 4 (67 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 66 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 8900
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:34 AM

On another thread the discussion drifted to the fact that not all Logos users are from the USA. Does anyone know the breakdown of Logos users by country?

I'm from Canada!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:57 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Does anyone know the breakdown of Logos users by country?

Send a mail to dan@logos.com and ask if he can post a map like he did at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59319/422336.aspx#422336.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:02 AM

Peace, Bruce!             There was an excellent thread about the Brits recently that I really enjoyed!                  I am     ....         From Oshawa, Ontario, Canada                         East of Toronto on the beautiful Northern shores of Lake, Ontario

How Deep is Lake Ontario?

Toronto Waterfont What if Lake Ontario Deepest Point Depth Canada Water

How deep is Lake Ontario? This is how much of Toronto would surface if it were located at the lake’s deepest point (244m). The perspective makes a number of buildings look closer to the surface than they would be, but apart from that it’s pretty accurate!

Lake Ontario is massive. With a surface area of nearly 19,000 km2 and an average depth of 86 metres, this ‘Great Lake’ is the 14th largest in the world. People who live in Toronto are more often than not well acquainted with its ocean-like presence along the city’s waterfront.

Many, however, have no idea just how deep Lake Ontario gets. While the area directly visible in front of Toronto beyond the inner harbour ranges from 120 to 140 metres deep (the height of a 40-story residential building!), further east the basin reaches depths of up to 244 metres.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8900
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:03 AM

fgh:

Bruce Dunning:

Send a mail to dan@logos.com and ask if he can post a map like he did at http://community.logos.com/forums/p/59319/422336.aspx#422336.

Great suggestion. I just sent him a request by email. I'd love to see a map like that.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8900
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:04 AM

Bruce Dunning:

fgh:

Bruce Dunning:

Great suggestion. I just sent him a request by email. I'd love to see a map like that.

Just found out he is on holidays until January 3rd so it is unlikely to have a response in the near future.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:18 AM

Following Milford's example of posting a photo, I'm from Cardiff, UK. Beer

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:30 AM

I'm from Sweden, EU. I'm born in Finland, then moved to Sweden 1992, and moved back to Finland as an adult and kept moving back and forth, then settled first in the northernmost county of Sweden, then in Uppsala (Sweden) and then in Sollentuna (Sweden) where I live now since nearly 5 years in the same appartment and am going to continue to. I'm a Swedish citizen only.

Ethnically I'm "Finlandssvensk" - they are Finnish people who have Swedish as mother's tongue and exist as a minority in Finland + have an own island: Åland.

I'm looking for friends! (You can easily find my Christianforums profile - send me a PM there.) From this area where I live or Helsinki would be nice. But users from north Wales, northeast England, southeast England, southwest Engand, (of course London) and Northern Ireland are especially welcome. (I'm not going to update my Logos profile for a while - when I'm updating it I will say there what I've started to study and perhaps a bit more about what books if there's space for that which I doubt there is.)

The nearest castle (from the back):

The view from my balcony down to the nearest local centre:

On the right the house where I live:

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:48 AM

Unix:

But users from north Wales... are especially welcome.

Hey, what's wrong with south Wales? Big Smile

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:38 AM

Some accents are just a bit more difficult for me to learn than others.

Paul-C:
Unix:
But users from north Wales... are especially welcome.
Hey, what's wrong with south Wales?

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 177
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:47 AM

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

And in keeping with the pics - here's one of the early days of the church where I serve:

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Posts 483
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:09 AM

Alberta Canada

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:29 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Texas.  It's like a whole other country.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 755
Josh Hunt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:41 AM

Doc B:
it should be! Big Smile

Posts 2811
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:45 AM

Josh Hunt:

Doc B:
it should be! Big Smile

You know what they say, Josh:  "You don't have to ask someone if they are from Texas.  They'll tell you."

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:47 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I understand there are about 190 different countries (or perhaps that's in the UN).  I guess that means that I'm from 189 different countries, but I'm in the United States.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 10126
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 3:57 PM

Out our front window and in Christmas fun (Sedona USA).

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:06 PM

I have several places I call home... I've spent most of my life in Florida:

My florida home is right near the coast. In fact its on a fresh water canal that leads to the Gulf of Mexico.

I've spent a significant amount of time at my uncles place on a lake in florida:

This was taken at sunrise this past 4th of july weekend.

This next one was taken my last weekend in florida this past summer:

I'm as at home under the water, as I am above it - took this one in the keys (near Long Key Viaduct) - a place I've spent nearly 1/15th of my life.

No post processing on this next one... Just adjusted the shutter speed, and such on the camera it self:

Took this at the holy land experience (which I'm not a huge fan of)the passion skit was most definitely the highlight of the whole thing:

Last but not least, my NC home... This was taken at a park (Raven Rock I think?)... Took about 30 pictures, and I wasn't able to get one where all three were smiling, and looking at me at the same time. I still like the picture though:

Hope you've enjoyed the many homes of Ken Baker. haha

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:18 PM

Ken Baker:

Not working.  I get "Bad Request."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:30 PM

can you see them now? I can take them off facebook, and put them on my personal website if need be.

Not sure of facebooks privacy settings...

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 47
JD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 11 2012 4:46 PM

Ottawa, Ontario:

Page 1 of 4 (67 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS