I have a suggestion . . .

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 2 2009 6:40 AM

Hopefully someone at Logos will read and at least consider these ideas . . .

Hello,

I've been using L4 for a few days now - & I think I need to get Morris Proctors L4 manuals, so I know I have a lot to learn - but I still feel there are some things I wish I could do, that I can't do now.  I think Logos 4 users should have this functionality

• One feature I find missing is the ability to "maximize" or "minimize" any tile I am in (i.e. when I have the default layout open) - and then return it to it's original size and position in the layout. This should be available at the click of the mouse. (If there is a way to do this now please let me know how.)
  • Another feature that I think would be very handy would be to have the option to "pin" the Passage Guide/Exegetical Guide either in the open position (as it is now by default) or to "unpin" it so that it pops out of the left hand side of the layout when you mouse over it. This would save a lot of valuable desktop real estate, while still keeping the Passage Guide/Exegetical Guide available at the click of the mouse.

I think these two things alone would greatly enhance the usability & readability of L4.

That's my 2 cents worth.

sdahlinghwa

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 6:52 AM

SteinDahl:
One feature I find missing is the ability to "maximize" or "minimize" any tile I am in (i.e. when I have the default layout open) - and then return it to it's original size and position in the layout. This should be available at the click of the mouse. (If there is a way to do this now please let me know how.)

Does F11 work for you to do this?

SteinDahl:
Another feature that I think would be very handy would be to have the option to "pin" the Passage Guide/Exegetical Guide either in the open position (as it is now by default) or to "unpin" it so that it pops out of the left hand side of the layout when you mouse over it. This would save a lot of valuable desktop real estate, while still keeping the Passage Guide/Exegetical Guide available at the click of the mouse.

Not sure what you mean here. I have a layout in which I keep a PG open in a 3-pane, side-by-side, full tab (top-to-bottom), wide-screen layout. I just click on the PG tab when I want to look at it. But you're envisioning something different, and if I understand you, this isn't something Logos4 can do. Could you speak a bit more clearly about how you see this working.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 7:26 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
Does F11 work for you to do this?

Well, that works if all I want to do is read. I was thinking of actually "maximizing" the tile and still having access to other things such as the highlighters for marking the text.  I'd also like to have the option to just select some text and right click it and send it to my word processor - but that's topic for another post.

Richard DeRuiter:
Not sure what you mean here. I have a layout in which I keep a PG open in a 3-pane, side-by-side, full tab (top-to-bottom), wide-screen layout. I just click on the PG tab when I want to look at it. But you're envisioning something different, and if I understand you, this isn't something Logos4 can do. Could you speak a bit more clearly about how you see this working.

What I was thinking of is (for example, in the default Bible Study layout) - In this layout you have the Passage Guide/Exegetical Guide on the left side of the screen.  My thought was to change the programming of Logos 4 to allow the ability to make that section of the layout a pop-out tile that you can pin open or closed.  I don't know how to describe it better than that.  But WORDsearch does that with their Resources tile, so I know it's possible.  Just a thought.

sdahlinghwa

Posts 2813
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 9:37 AM

SteinDahl:
One feature I find missing is the ability to "maximize" or "minimize" any tile I am in (i.e. when I have the default layout open) - and then return it to it's original size and position in the layout. This should be available at the click of the mouse. (If there is a way to do this now please let me know how.)

This is a product of a non standard windows format. It also non standard mac too.  Does Logos on Mac have the little icons in the upper left for min/max/close?

As a work around you could simply "float this panel" with the resource out into its own window and then maximize it.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 12:39 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
As a work around you could simply "float this panel" with the resource out into its own window and then maximize it.

Yes, but even if I float the window I don't have access to the highlighters.  In other words, I can't float the window and still be able to highlight the text.  Every time I try to use the highlighters the program just minimizes the floating window. 

I mark up the text a lot in my study and I'd like to be able to maximize / or float a tile and then be able to mark the text as necessary for the sermon or Bible Study I'm putting together at the time.  Maybe there are better ways, as I am kind of a "newbie".

sdahlinghwa

Posts 2108
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 12:57 PM

SteinDahl:

Yes, but even if I float the window I don't have access to the highlighters.  In other words, I can't float the window and still be able to highlight the text.  Every time I try to use the highlighters the program just minimizes the floating window. 

I mark up the text a lot in my study and I'd like to be able to maximize / or float a tile and then be able to mark the text as necessary for the sermon or Bible Study I'm putting together at the time.  Maybe there are better ways, as I am kind of a "newbie".

This is a known issue that we're working to resolve.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 1:08 PM

Phil Gons:

Bingo!   Ding! - Ding! - Ding! - Ding! - That's what I was looking for!

Thank you so much.

sdahlinghwa

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 1:21 PM

SteinDahl:

Phil Gons:

Thank you so much.

sdahlinghwa

Wow, does Phil win a prize?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:03 PM

Kevin Becker:

SteinDahl:

Phil Gons:

Thank you so much.

sdahlinghwa

Wow, does Phil win a prize?

No.  Phil IS the prize.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS